Best Anniversary Present

Jenna's POV

The months past Jim and I had been married for 3 months. We decided to wait a while before our honeymoon and today we were getting home. I had missed Lulu so much and couldn't wait to see her. Also, while we were gone Dawn had her new baby, Brennan.

I opened the door to our house and called, "we're home!" Soon I heard footsteps and Lulu ran and jumped into my arms.

"Mama! I missed you!" She exclaimed and wrapped her arms around me.

"Hi baby girl."

Lulu looked up and said, "Daddy!" Lulu now called Jim 'Daddy' because she never knew Earl. Jim was her dad for all I cared. Lulu reached across to Jim and he grabbed her and held her.

"We missed you Lulu," he said.

"Yes we did!" I added.

"Mama? Can we make a pie? Pwetty please?" Lulu asked and stick out her lip and gave me her best puppy dog eyes. How can anyone resist that?

"Okay. Let me go put this away." I smiled.

"YAY!" Lulu cheered and danced around. I laughed.

After I set my suitcase in the bedroom, Lulu and I began to make our pie. Jim sat at the counter and watched us. Eventually I made him help us. The pie had strawberries, white chocolate, and graham cracker crumbles on top.

"Mama? Can I eat it?" Lulu asked.

"After dinner silly," I smiled and kissed her blonde hair.

"Okay. When's dinner?" She said eagerly.

"Right now."

"Good!"

*****

"Honey did you move the Pepto Bismol?" I asked as we were getting ready for bed.

"It's in the cabinet," Jim answered, "are you not feeling good?"

"I just have a stomachache that's all."

"Okay. I'll go say goodnight to Lulu."

"Okay. I'll be in in a minute."

After Lulu was asleep, Jim and I got into our bed. I eventually ignored my stomach pain and fell asleep.

The next morning when I woke up my stomachache had become more nauseous feeling and my head was pounding. Moaning, I flopped my head back onto the pillow.

"Good morning. Feeling any better?" Jim asked and kissed me on the forehead.

"Not really. Now I have a headache," I explained, "but you know what today is?" I smiled brightly, "our 3 month wedding anniversary."

"Yes it is. The best 3 months of my life," he kissed me, "are you going to work today?"

"Probably." I sighed, "maybe I got a bug from Mexico or something." I thought.

"Maybe. But I would be sick too."

"True. Who knows," I pulled the covers over my face and moaned.

Jim laughed, "I got to go to work. Love you."

"Love you."

I closed my eyes and fell asleep. I was woken up to Lulu pulling the sheet off end staring at me.

"What are you doing?" Lulu asked me when she saw I was awake.

"Well, I'm going to get up and then we're going to go to the diner."

"Yay!" Lulu jumped off the bed and I stood up a little to quickly. My head pounded.

"Mama? Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm good Sweetie." I looked at my phone and noticed all the messages and missed calls from Dawn and Becky. Immediately, I called them.

"Hi guys. I'm so sorry I made you worry. When I woke up I didn't feel great and I accidentally fell back asleep. Lulu and I are coming now!" I explained.

"Hon you can't do that to us," Becky said.

"I'm sorry." I responded.

"I was freaking out Jenna!" Dawn exclaimed.

"Well I'll be there soon. No need to worry." After I hug up the phone I got Lulu and myself ready then we went to the diner.

*****

That night before Jim got home I wrapped a small box that contained a present for him. I knew he would love it.

"Hi," I said when we was home.

"Hi. Are you feeling better?" He asked and kissed my cheek.

"I don't know." I responded.

"Did you go to work?"

"Yeah. I did. I have something for you." I handed him the small wrapped package.

"I didn't get you anything. I don't know 3 months was gift getting." He said.

"Just open it. It's a present for both of us. And even Lulu too." Jim looked at me confused and then finally opened the box.

"Oh my god..." he said staring at what was in the box, "y-you're pregnant?"

"Yep!" I exclaimed.

"Oh my god you're pregnant! We're going to have a baby!" He kissed my lips I jumped up and hugged him.

It hit me that with was the first time I had been excited for the baby right from the start. "Im so happy." I said as small tears pooled in my eyes.

"Me too!" Jim said and kissed me.

"What's so exciting in here?" Lulu trotted out from her room. She had her bunny in her hands with a plastic crown, a feather boa, and plastic high heels on.

"Well Lulu. We have some news," I picked her up and sat down on the couch with her on my lap, "you're going to be a big sister. You're going to have a little brother or sister!"

"Really?! Yay! Yay!" Lulu jumped off my lap and skipped around singing happily. Sookie barked and circled around her.

"Well I think she likes the idea." Jim laughed.

"Yeah," I agreed. I glanced around the house. It suddenly didn't feel right.

"Honey? What's up?" Jim asked.

"The house. It's not... right."

"Well it's perfect because you're in it." I blushed, smiled, and leaned and kissed him. My family was absolutely perfect and I I ever hoped for.

*****

Are you guys happy! I love this chapter so much! I think it's so cute! Especially Lulu. She's so precious. I really hope you guys liked it! Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow me!! Thanks for reading!

Love, leah_ann ❤️