The Perfect House

Jenna's POV

One night, about a month later, after I put Lulu to bed I sat on my bed and was looking at houses on the laptop. Jim had to go to the hospital, because one of his patients was in labor. I really wanted to move because our house didn't seem right. It was way to small, with only two bedrooms. After sometime passed, Jim came home looking tired.

"Hey. How's it go?" I asked him.

"Good. Healthy baby girl named Bailey."

"Thats good." I smiled.

He flopped on the bed and looked at the computer screen, "are you looking at houses?"

"Yeah..." I said.

"Do you really want to move?"

"This just is a really small house. It's not the house for our finally perfect family."

Jim leaned over and kissed me, "well if you want to move then we can."

"Have I told you how perfect you are?"

Jim smiled and said, "many times. You're perfect too."

*****

That Sunday, because the diner was closed, we went to look at houses. Jim and I decided we wanted an open concept, 3 bedrooms at least, a nice back yard, and a good family home. The first two homes we looked at we nice, but they weren't the perfect house.

"Well this house has four bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, great open concept, and a very nice backyard," our realtor, Susan, said.

"It's beautiful." Jim said looking around.

"It is," I agreed.

"So I noticed you were looking for a family home, do you have more kids, or is this little one your only one?" asked Susan, motioning to Lulu.

"Well we have Lulu, but we actually have another one on the way." I said.

"Well congratulations."

"Thanks."

Lulu tugged at my sleeve and wined, "Mama? Are we done yet?"

She had been so patient and I was proud of her so I said, "yep we are almost done baby," I picked her up then added, "how about we go get ice cream after this?

"Yeah!" Lulu cheered as I laughed.

"Well I'll let you guys discuss the houses," Susan said and went into the living room.

"I love it!" Jim and I said at the exact same time.

"It's the perfect house. It's kind of close to the diner and the hospital and Lulu's school. I can just see our family living here." I blabbed.

"Me too," Jim smiled, "this is home."

"Yes. Yes it is." I smiled so widely.

*****

A week later we were packing our house up. Someone had bought it and were moving in in a week. I was really excited to see our new home with our our personal touch to it.

"Mama? Why is everything in boxes?" Lulu asked me.

"We're moving Sweetie. We're going to live in a new home." I explained, "now let's go pack your room." I scooped Lulu up and went into her room.

"Where's it going mama? Will I get my blankie and bunny?" Lulu said worried, then she started to cry.

"Lulu. It's okay sweetie." We're going to a new home so we have more room for your little brother or sister. All of your toys and blankets and books will be there. And Rainbow and your blankie will be right here." I picked up her bunny stuffed animal and special blanket and put them by her heart.

Lulu sniffled and wiped her little eyes, "okay," she said and hugged me.

A week later the moving van came. We got all of our furniture and boxes in the truck then got in our car and drove to our new house.

When we pulled into the driveway Jim said, "We're here!"

"Yay!" I said then I asked Lulu, "you excited Lu?"

"Yeah!" She cheered.

We all got out of the car and took some of our boxes. I was so happy. Thai was the perfect house for our family. Sookie ran into the house and barked.

"Well I think Sookie liked it," I laughed.

The first things we set up were the bedrooms and main kitchen items. All of that took a while. Jim and I flopped onto the couch, very exhausted.

"Mama? Were's the baby?" Lulu asked.

"Right here," I put my hand on my stomach.

"Did you eat it?" Lulu asked, eyes wide.

I laughed, "no sweetie. The baby is right here for a while then when the baby is big and strong enough, they'll come out," I explained as best I could to a six year old.

Lulu shrugged, "okay!" Then she rolled onto the floor with Sookie.

Several times I kept drifting off, almost asleep. Finally, Jim said, "Jenna go to bed. I can put Lulu to bed."

I sighed peacefully, "thanks. I love you." I kissed him and then got up from the couch. "Goodnight Lulu." I kissed her on the head and hugged her.

"Love you Mama!" She said.

"Love you too Little Lu."

I fell asleep, so happy with our new house and new family.

*****

I hope you liked it! Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow me! Love y'all!! Thanks for reading!

Love, leah_ann ❤️