Back to Normal.....Sort Of

Jenna's POV

I woke up in a bed surrounded by monitors and sounds. It took me a second before I realized I was in a hospital. Becky and Dawn were right next to me, as well as doctors.

"W-what happened?" I asked.

"Well see the reason for your collapse was you had an ectopic pregnancy. And the baby was growing in your Fallopian tubes. Your tube burst and thankfully you were at the hospital quick enough. Then, you had immediate surgery. We were able to salvage your Fallopian tubes, but they baby however didn't make it. I'm sorry," a doctor explained.

I couldn't speak. All of that had happened today? And where was Lulu? I wanted her so badly. She was my little girl. My Little Lu.

"Where's Lulu?" I asked.

"She's at school. But I was just about to go get her." Dawn explained.

"Thank you so much."

"No problem," Dawn left the room and I closed my eyes.

Shouldn't I be sad? I lost my baby. Why am I not sad? I thought.

"Jenna? Do you want to talk? Cause I'm here," Becky said gently. She reached over and grabbed my hand, "I'm your friend Jenna. You can tell me anything."

"I'm fine. Really I am." I lied.

"Okay. Well I'm gonna go find some coffee." Becky left the room and I closed my eyes. I didn't realize that I'd dozed off for about fifteen minutes, until Becky came back, Dawn and Lulu soon after her.

"Gees. It's hard to find some coffee in this dump." Becky grumbled.

"Mama!" Lulu ran into the room and hugged me.

"Hi sweetie." I smiled and kissed her. Lulu climbed on the bed and snuggled close to me.

"What happened Mama?"

"Well I was sick and then I came here and the doctors fixed me. Now I'm all better."

"Can we go home now?" Lulu urged.

"Well, I have to stay here for a couple days so the doctors can make sure I'm all right."

Lulu sighed and said, "okay."

I sat surrounded by my daughter and my best friends. It felt good to have them around because I knew I was loved. That's all that anyone can ever want. To be loved.

Suddenly, the door was opened. In came Dr. Pomatter. We awkwardly met each other's eyes, but I quickly turned away.

"Dawn, I think we've got some business to take care of in the hall..." Becky urged.

"What no?" said Dawn, confused. Becky motioned with her eyes to me and Jim. "Oh... Yeah. Let's go."

Becky grabbed Lulu's small little hand and took her into the hallway.

"Jenna? W--what happened?" Jim asked me.

Suddenly, I burst into tears. I don't know what happened to me. I couldn't stop crying. I couldn't speak either, just cry. Jim came over and sat down next to me. He wrapped his arms around me and I cried.

"Shh... shhh.... it's okay." He said.

"No... no..." I thrashed around and cried.

"Jenna? What happened? Please tell me." He stroked my hair and held me tightly.

"The baby. It's gone. I almost died. My baby is dead. Our baby is dead," I cried, "I--I can't do it. I can't."

"Yes. You can," Jim said, "you're a strong woman Jenna."

"I miss you," I whispered.

"Me too." He leaned and kissed me. I kissed him back.

"I love you," I said.

"I love you too."

*****

Sorry this chapter is only about 1/2 the length of my usual chapters! I hope you liked it anyway! I got this idea from an episode of Grey's Anatomy lol 😂 Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow me!!

Love, leah_ann ❤️