You Matter to Me

Jenna's POV

Finally, after about a week I could go back to work. I really loved my job and baking pies. Jim and I were dating again and I hadn't realized until now how much I loved him and Jair loved being in him goofy company.

I happened to wake up early for some reason and I put on my slippers and went out to the kitchen and poured myself a cup of coffee and sat on the couch. I suddenly felt lonely. I had Lulu yeah, but this was different. It felt weird sitting on the couch with one lamp being the only light on and no one to talk to. Sookie came up and gave a short bark and climbed up onto the couch with great difficulty due to her little legs.

"Hi girl," I said, petting her. She rested her little head on my lap and I smiled. After a little bit, I went to wake up Lulu.

"Lulu, sweetie it's time for school." I said as I rubbed her back. Out of no where Lulu woke up, rubbed the sleep from her eyes, then just hugged me without saying anything.

"Mama, I love you." She said softly.

"I love you too Lu," I hugged her back, "now. Let's get up and get ready for school!"

"Okay!" Lulu jumped out of bed and laughed. I tickled her and kissed her little cheeks. I then picked out a cute shirt with a puppy on it, polka dit jeans, and little flats with bows on them. I put her hair into a ponytail with her favorite clips to keep her fly away hairs out of her eyes. I packed Lulu's lunch and drove her to school.

*****

That night Jim had decided to take me out to dinner.

"Dress fancy," he told me.

"Okay," I said getting giddy and excited. I went into my closet and tried to figure out what to wear. I didn't have anything really fancy, but I kept looking anyway. I finally found my fanciest dress I owned, even though it wasn't that fancy, and put it on. Then I put on some heels and curled my hair.

"Mama. You look pretty." Lulu said, coming into the bathroom.

"Thanks Sweetheart," I said. I added a little makeup onto my face.

"What are we doing Mama?" Lulu asked.

"Well Mama is getting ready to go out for a little bit. Then Emily is going to come and play with you."

Emily was Lulu's favorite babysitter and Lulu loved her. They always had the greatest time. When I was all ready, the doorbell rang.

"Lulu do you want to get it?"

"Sure!" Lulu ran to the door and opened the door, "Emily!!"

"Hi Lulu!" Emily picked Lulu up and Lulu smiled.

"Well you girls have fun." I said the them. I kissed Lulu and she hugged me.

"Bye Mama." She said.

"Bye bye Lulu." I went out to my car and drove to the restaurant. Jim was there already when I arrived.

"Wow. Jenna you look beautiful." He said stunned.

"Thank you."

"Shall we?"

"Sure."

In the restaurant we sat down at our reserved table. The waiter came over with champagne and a champagne cooler.

"What are we celebrating?" I asked.

"Us. You and me." He lifted his glass, "cheers."

"Cheers." I clinked my glass against his smiling widely as I stared at the man I loved in front of me.

"Did I tell you how Francine and Emma are moving to Paris?" Francine gotten full custody of Emma and now they were moving thousands of miles away.

"No. You didn't. Wow. Will you ever get to see her?" I asked surprised.

"Every couple of summers. That's what Francine decided." He said sadly.

About halfway through our dinner, and out of nowhere, Jim got up from the table and knelt down on one knee.

"Jenna. You are the most amazing woman I have ever met. You are an amazing mother to Lulu. And you deserve so much. I love you more than anything." He said.

I felt tears of joy fill my eyes. I thought I knew what was happening. I was right.

"Jenna Colman? Will you marry me?" He pulled out a little, red, velvet box out of his pocket and opened it. Inside was the prettiest ring ever.

"Yes!!!" I exclaimed. I jumped out of my seat and kissed him. Tears were dripping down my cheeks.

"I love you!"

"I love you too!"

I was the happiest woman alive. I smiled and cried as I kissed my fiancé.

*****

I had already planned to have them get married, but my friend who absolutely loves Waitress said to me, "Leah. They have to get married." I was like, "okay. Okay." So, there you go. Hope you guys liked it! Don't forget to comment, vote and follow me! Thanks for reading!

Love, leah_ann ❤️