Chapter 18

I stood still as my eyes traveled all the way up the tall building. I am immediately greeted with a swarm of butterflies in my stomach.

"Wow" I say stunned.

"You ready?" my mom asks.

"Yeah" I simply say.

We walk in the revolving door. We are greeted by a very nice lady who appears to be in her early 20's.

"Hello, Sydney! I'm Eura and I'm going to be your mentor!" she says excitingly.

"Hi!" I say smiling.

"Today we are just going to be showing you around and giving you the basic guidelines."

"Okay cool" I say.

"Hello, you must be Sydney's mom" she says as she shakes her hand.

"Yes, I'm Kathy. Nice to meet you." she says smiling.

"Okay, well let's get this show on the road!" Eura says.

She shows me around the whole building. It's huge! I can't believe that I will be coming here nearly every day. And apparently they want me to be one of the "head models" which means that not only will I be walking in their shows, but I'll also be in photo shoots for their ads and magazines. I can't believe all of this is happening to me. It's all so crazy and overwhelming.

"Well, that's it for today" Eura says as we enter the lobby.

"Tomorrow you should get here around 2 pm. We will do your hair and makeup and then we'll get some basic head shots done." She says smiling.

"Okay, awesome" I say smiling back.

"I'm super excited about working with you, Sydney!" she says.

"Yeah, me too!" I smile.

"Okay, well have an awesome day and I'll see you at 2 tomorrow afternoon!"

"Alright, sounds good" I smile.

We exit the building and wait for a taxi.

"I'm really excited for you, Sydney. This is going to be great" my mom says.

I never thought that I would hear her say that.

"Yeah, I'm excited too" I say back.

We get in a taxi and head back home. I'm exhausted.

I head straight for my room once we get inside and collapse on my bed. I feel a lot better today. Although the pain is still present in my chest, it's not controlling me anymore. I actually feel somewhat normal today. I pull out my phone and see a missed call from Harry. I immediately call him back.

"Hello?" he answers.

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just wanted to know how your first day went!"

"Oh, it went great! Everybody is really nice and welcoming! My first like official day of work starts tomorrow. I'm pretty excited!"

"That's great I'm so glad. It's great hearing you so happy again! I've missed that"

"Yeah, it feels good to be somewhat happy again." I chuckle.

"I'm so glad, baby"

"So, how's tour going?" I ask.

"It's fine." He answers shortly. What's been going on with him lately?

"Are you sure?" I ask concerned.