Chapter 12

Maybe I don't want to go to New York anymore. I mean I was so thrilled at first, but now I can't even bare the thought of leaving Grace. She's my best friend. No, she's more than that. She's like my sister. I'll be 1,000 miles away from her.... 1,000 miles. That's too much. There is a huge weight that has been dropped onto me. I honestly have no idea what to do. I can't think anymore.

I plug my iPod into my speakers and turn on some Ed Sheeran. I usually do this when I'm upset. His smooth, serenading voice calms my mind. I lay down on my bed and close my eyes. And before I even realize it, I fall asleep.

****

I wake up very confused... what time is it? I grab my phone to look at the time. It's 9:45 pm? Well I fell asleep early. As I'm looking at the time on my phone, I get a message from Harry. And it has a video attached to it.... Why is he sending me a video? Maybe this is the surprise! I quickly unlock my phone and press play.

*Harry's POV*

I want to do something very special for Sydney tonight. I have been thinking about what to do for awhile now, and I just got the perfect idea.

We are about halfway through the show now. I grab my mic and start to talk.

"Hello Dallas! Are we all enjoying the show tonight?" The whole arena goes crazy.

"Good, I'm glad. Now, can I ask you guys to do something for me?" they all scream yes.

"Okay, well I want to send a video to a friend of mine. So on the count of three I want all of you to scream, Hello Sydney, we love you! Can you do that for me?" They all scream yes again.

"Okay, well let's do a practice run. You ready? 1, 2, 3..."

"HELLO SYDNEY, WE LOVE YOU!!!!" The whole arena said it in complete unison. This is amazing. I hope she loves it.

"Good job!" I say excitingly.

I pull out my phone and turn the camera on.

"Okay, here we go. This is the real thing. Ready?"

I start to count down. "1, 2, 3..."

"HELLO SYDNEY, WE LOVE YOOOUUUU!!!!"

Wow. This one was even better than the practice. I turn the camera around to face me.

I wave. "Hi Sydney, I love you and I miss you so much!" I smile and all of the boys jump in behind me.

"Hi Sydney, we miss you!" they all wave.

I wave again. "Byyeeee" I turn of the camera and send the video to her. I couldn't be more thrilled about this. I know she's going to love it.

*Sydney's POV*

Tears start to form in my eyes. This is the most amazing thing I have ever seen. Thousands of people saying that in complete unison... it was incredible. And then the end.... seeing his face again gave me butterflies. I watch the video over and over again. I'm speechless.

As I'm watching it for the 20th time, I get a phone call from Grace. I quickly answer it.

"Hey, Grace."

"Hey, Sydney." She sounds like she's been crying all day. I feel so bad.

"Are you okay?" I sympathetically ask.

"Yes. I've been thinking about it all night. I just can't bare the thought of you being so far away. It kills me."

"I know Grace.... I'm so sorry. I just-" she cuts me off.

"But I know what a great opportunity this is for you. And what kind of friend would I be if I held you back? And you'll get to see Harry more! That will be good for you! Y'all are truly in love. Everybody can see it. I just want the best for you, Sydney." She rambles. Her words are very touching.