Chapter 10

*Sydney's POV*

I woke up to the extremely annoying sound of my alarm clock. Ugh. School. I'm so nervous to go back. I don't want to. Maybe I can just drop out and be homeschooled? Ha! My mom would NEVER let me do that. I turn my alarm clock off and stumble into the bathroom. Wow, I look awful. I have two perfectly round, dark circles under my eyes. I look exhausted... I feel it too. I walk back into my room and grab my phone. I immediately smile as I see that I have a text from Harry!

Good morning beautiful. :) I love you and I hope you have a great day at school! Text me whenever you can! Xx

What a great thing to wake up to. I quickly reply.

Morning love :) I love you so much! I'll text you at lunch and let you know how things are going. I'm pretty nervous :/

I hit the send button and go put on my makeup. I put concealer under my eyes, but it doesn't help at all. I still look like I haven't slept in weeks. So, I just put on some mascara and go with it. I honestly don't care what I look like right now. It's too early. I throw my hair in a quick ponytail and walk out of the bathroom. I look at my phone and see another text from Harry.

It'll be okay, babe. I promise. If not, you could always be homeschooled ;) then you could come on tour with me! Haha I'm kidding. But for real, I'm always here for you. If kids at school are being mean to you just tell me and I'll come beat them up :) I love you, Sydney. Don't forget that.

Babe? That's a new one! I usually hate that word but when it's coming from Harry, I love it. I know he means it. I love him so much. Just reading his text makes me smile from ear to ear.

Haha you make me smile :) I love you.

Ugh, now I have to find something to wear. I really want to wear one of Harry's T-shirts. I don't know how that would go over at school, though. I guess they wouldn't know. I'm just going to go for it. I throw on another one of his shirts, some black skinny jeans, and my white converse. Like I said, it's too early to care about what I look like.

I grab my phone again and see another text from Harry.

I'm glad :) I miss that smile so much. We have to FaceTime tonight.

-Yes! We will have a FaceTime date! 11:00?

Sounds good :) talk to you at lunch! You can do this! I love you! Xx

I smile, grab my purse and head downstairs.

"Good morning, Sydney!"

"Dad!" I run over and give him a hug.

I was very surprised and so happy to see him here! I am definitely my father's daughter. But, he is in the military, and has been gone for 6 months! He said he would be gone for 10 months, though. Why is he back early?

"Why are you back early?"

"Well, they gave me a few day off, so I decided to come see you! I have to head back tomorrow though."

He's only here for one day? that's a bummer.

"Oh, well I'm glad you're here! I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too Sydney. You look so grown up." He smiles.

I laugh. "Thanks, Dad"

"So, I guess I'm taking you to school today! Your mother is not feeling well, so I let her stay in bed."

"Okay!"

I guess my dad doesn't know about anything that has happened this past weekend. I'm glad he doesn't. He's better off not knowing.