Chapter 35

Frisk slowly walked up the steps from the River Persons boat and up to Alphys's lab. They looked down at the huge letter in their hands and for a moment I felt the curiosity rise, as if they were going to open it up and read Undyne's private message. Then glanced at my knife which they still held tightly and then Frisk finally hesitated at first but then slowly put the blade away.

"Hey Frisk, why were you holding that knife like it was the end of the world?" I finally blurted it out. I didn't know if they would get mad at the question or not so I slapped my hand in shock.

Frisk's face scrunched up, like they were contemplating the answer to my question. Then they they answered carefully in their head, "Well, I guess ever since our... last few fights with Asgore and Flowey... I guess I've just been on edge. I'm thankful that you gifted this weapon and your necklace to me... it really saved my hide. So it's really weird knowing that I'm mostly safe now. But I figured that maybe I should just forget about those fights now that I have a second chance to make this all go in the right direction." With that they slipped the large letter underneath the door, looked up from the ground, and knocked on the lab's door.

There was a loud ruckus inside, a few curses, and a worried yelp. I looked over at Frisk, who looked very worried for Alphys. "What the-" my thought was cut off by Alphys's voice coming directly from the other side of the door.

"O-oh n-no... is that another letter...? I don't want to open it... can't I just slide it back out...?" Alphys's voice was scared and even more nervous for normal, "N...no... I can't keep doing this. I'll read this one." The was the sound of the paper letter being picked up and the a grunt, "Um... I-it's shut k-kind of strongly, isn't it? Wait a second." Then there was a drilling sound and a sharp cutting noise. Then it stopped and it was quiet for a few moments, I assumed that she got it opened and was reading it.

The huge metal door to her lab opened up and there stood Alphys who was looking down at the letter, "Hey, if this is a joke, it's..." Then she looked up and her eyes nearly popped out of her sockets. She wad stunned for a second and then nervously said, "Oh my God? Did YOU write this letter? It wasn't signed, so, I had no idea who could have..." Frisk turned red like a tomato and shook their, suggesting that they didn't write it. Alphys smiled and blushed, "oh my God, on no. That's adorable...and I h-had no idea you, um, wrote that way!"

Alphys looked down at the ground embarrassed, "It's surprising, too. After all the gross stuff I did... I don't really deserve to be forgiven. Much less... this? And so passionately, too." Finally she brightened up and looked up and smiled brightly, "You know what, okay! I'll do it! It's the least I can do to make it up to you! Y-yeah! Let's go on a date!" Frisk's jaw dropped as Alphys assured them inside her lab. Then she ran off and disappeared upstairs.

"Frisk and Alphys sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!! First comes love then comes-" I was cut off by Frisk who started singing, la la la not listening!!! I was laughing so hard. Also Alphys and Undyne... I knew it! All along I knew they had feelings for each other, or at least I knew Undyne did, not too sure about Alphys.

Then Alphys came back down is a glamorous poca-dotted dress. She stuttered out, "H-how do I look? My friend helped me pick out this dress. She's got a great sense of..." she realized she was blushing and daydreaming. Her eyes widened a little bit.

She attempted to change the subject, "Um, anyway! Let's do this!" Frisk started to walk closer to her, expecting her to take her somewhere, I assume. But then Alphys suddenly yelled out, "H-h-hey, w-w-wait! Actually we can't start the date yet!!! Umm, I've gotta give you items to raise your affection statistic, first! That'll increase the chance of a successful outcome to the date. Right...? Anyway, d-don't worry! I'm prepared! I've been stockpiling gifts in anticipation of a date like this!"

She turned around and started digging through her bag and she called out from behind her shoulder, "F-first I've got... some metal armor polish! Um, maybe you can't use that. But!!! I also bought some waterproof cream for your scales! Your, uh... scales..." Alphys glanced over at Frisk, who was smirking but shaking their head. Alphys looked really nervous now, "Uh, well, how about... this magical spear kit, that I... um."

Frisk spoke to me, "Chara... how should I tell Alphys that I wasn't the one who wrote the letter. I mean, obviously she had all these gifts for Undyne! Undyne bought here that dress, too! Alphys and Undyne love each other, I would never try to step in and stop their soon to be relationship... what should I do?"

"Hmmm..." I looked around the lab and searched for an answer. Over beside her refrigerator, the was a half-full bag of dog food. Then I got a brilliant idea, "Hey Frisk! I got it! See that bag of dog food over by her refrigerator?" Frisk slightly nodded in response. "Well, why not spell out that Undyne wrote the letter and not you. I mean since you never talk to anyone... out... loud... wait, so I'm the only person in the Underground that has heard your voice?! Why did I just now notice that... you know why don't you talk to anyone except me?" I astonished myself by asking this question. Why did I just now notice that?

Frisk was looking at the ground... did the just notice that they only talk to Chara, too? But they responded with, "this Let's just clear up the Alphys and Undyne mess and then once I'm alone... maybe I'll explain why I don't talk to anyone... except for dead people... not to be offensive! Oh jeez, I could have worded that so much better..."

I shook my head, "No, Frisk, it doesn't offend me... now if you told me that right after I died one hundred years ago, then I'd totally be pissed, but eh, I'm okay. Anyways, go tell Alphys, looks to me like she's coming up with a counter plan for your date!"

Frisk look a lot better after I said that. Alphys turned to face Frisk and said, "Hey, let's forget about the items! Let's just-" she stopped talking as Frisk pushed past her to the bag of dog food. After a few moments of silence, Frisk spelled out, 'UNDYN IS THE MANSTUR WHO WROOT THE LETTR!' I laughed, poor Frisk barely knew how to spell. Either way, Frisk looked up at Alphys and gave them a little smile as her hands went to her mouth in shock. She was blushing just as hard as Frisk was earlier.

"W-wait? Frisk, your being honest? You aren't just trying to make me feel better?" Alphys asked. Frisk smiled kindly and nodded. Alphys jumped up and down and hugged Frisk and she started shout, "Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God! Undyne... me... no way! I-I thought I was t-to much of a loser for someone like Undyne! Oh!" She picked Frisk up and twirled then in a circle giggling, with Frisk joining in on the laughing. Then she stopped abruptly and put Frisk down and looked seriously into their eyes and the she said, "So... just to clear this up, you r-really aren't the one who wrote this? I'm not h-hurt your feelings... at all?" She looked scared and nervous when she asked this.

Frisk simply smiled and shook their head. They hugged Alphys and went back to the bag of dog food and spelled out, 'YOO SHOOLD GO TO UNDYN!'

Alphys laughed and told Frisk, "O-okay I'm going. But I'm going to have to grab my coat upstairs. You'll come with me back to Snowdin, right?" Frisk nodded. Alphys smiled, "T-thanks, wait for me outside my lab, be there in just a moment!" Then she ran up the moving elevator.

Fisk went outside and sat there for a couple of second and waited in nice silence. It was very nice. Then Alphys came outside in her dress, holding a nice looking coat. Then both of them and I guess myself... but not really still being moved against my will... went down to the River Person's boat and started to race down the never ending river. Alphys was quiet obviously nervous, she was blushing hard and was struggling to slip in her coat. Then we hopped off and walked to Papyrus's and Sans's house. Undyne herself was already changed into a classy punk styled outfit.

"U-Undyne!" Alphys called. Undyne jumped in surprise and started turning a shade of pink. Once they were within arms length of each other they both scratched the heads at the same time. Then Alphys looked embarrassed while glancing at the little crowd consisting of Papyrus, Frisk, and a hiding Monster Kid watching them. Undyne must have notice Alphys's expression change and she slung her arm around Alphys's shoulders and use red her towards Waterfall. Undyne turned around and winked at Frisk and smiled as then disappeared into the falling snow. I slightly smiled, they were so cute together!