Chapter 8

~a short time later~

Toriel greeted our arrival with big hugs and the sweet smell of butterscotch cinnamon pie. "Oh! How was you trip, children?! Was it fun? I do hope it was! I made butterscotch cinnamon pie for a small welcome back gift. Oh, Asgore sweetie! How was work? Was it all good? Oh, wait lets talk about all this during dinner."

Toriel was very sweet and kind. Apparently she was not normally home alone for this long, so that must have been why she is asking so many questions. We talked about our day and finished off the dinner and pie, which both were amazing. Then it was off to bed. I guess I didn't realize how tired I was because the instant my head touched my pillow I was out cold.

~the next week~

Nothing much was happening. Other than Asriel nearly blowing up the house after trying to produce some fire magic inside. After getting scolded by Toriel he yelled at the top of his voice, "I am the God of Hyperdeath!!!" and showed me a picture he's been drawing for a week. It was very detailed and colorful. It looked like an older version of him scowling now with huge wings, a long robe, and huge sharp swords he named a Chaos Saber. After I told him how epic it looked he jumped up and down all excited and then ran around outside screaming about how he was the God of hyperdeath. That was a good laugh.

Another thing is that I don't consider nor call myself human anymore. I'm not one of them. I'm a monster and I plan on staying with the monsters for the rest of my life.

I also made better friends with the people I had met during my first trip around the Underground. All of them were so nice and kind to me even if Miss Muffet wanted all my money and Undyne wanted to challenge me to a fight. They were all so amusing and interesting.

But today something happened. Something worth mentioning. Today at dinner Toriel and Asgore asked me something important.

"Chara?" Toriel asked me with kindness in here voice.

"Ya?" I responded.

"Asgore and I have something to ask you."

I looked up from my plate. They don't normally ask me things anymore. I looked over at Asriel and could tell by his facial expression he knew what was going on. He glance at me for a second and saw me looking at him and scrambled to put his head down again. Asgore cleared his throat and I looked at him.

Asgore then said with gratitude in his voice, "Toriel and I have been talking and we would like you to call us your parents."

"You mean like... like mom and... dad?"

"Yes," Toriel said, "We would like you to call us mother and father or by mom and dad for short, whichever you please. Not Toriel and Asgore, anymore."

I let it soak in for a moment. I mean I wouldn't ever seen my adoptive mother or father ever again, even if I could, I wouldn't. It would take some getting use to but of course I will call them my parents.

I finally spoke with confidence, "I would do anything for you and I will always love you both, no matter what. I will call you mom and dad."

Toriel was wiping tears from her eyes, she always got emotional easily. Asgore was rambling about how grateful he was to have a great son and daughter like us and I was just a little tired of the constant questions and then nice responses and then the tearful hugs and chants after. Then I asked to be excused they said, yes of course. I got into bed and thought about how one week ago I was outstanded at the fact that people were actual nice and now I've become sick of their constant kindness. Is that even possible? I wondered. I shut my eyes tightly and went to sleep.