Chapter 4

I looked at Asriel and his face brightened up and he said, "Come on! Last one there is a rotten egg!"

Asriel and I rushed for the door and sprinted down the hallway all the way to the table. He won. I looked at the food on the table when I sat down and gave it a questioning look. It looked like a pizza went to the barbershop and burnt its stringy cheese hair and braided its dough.

Toriel laughed at the expression I was making and told me about the food, "This is homemade binded pieceapiza. Or just pieceapiza for short. Try it! Its made with cheese, hamburger, dough, marinara sauce, love, and magic!" I saw Asriel tense up in the corner of my eye and Toriel quickly added, "not LOVE, of course!"

I noted to asked Asriel about this 'LOVE' thing. After noting that I took a bite and it truly was magical. It felt as if the food was alive. Asgore then asked after thanking Toriel for the meal, "Chara, Asriel, how was your day?"

"The best day of my life!" We said in unison. We laughed. I meant it though. This was the best day of my life and hoped it would only get better.

Toriel smiled and Asgore said, "That's great to hear! But Chara, I must say I'm sorry that I cannot stay to spend more time with you but I must travel back to the capital tomorrow and you must stay here with Asriel and Toriel. Is that okay with you?"

"Yes, that's okay. I got Asriel to keep me company all day!" I said.

Asriel quickly piped up, "Ya! And I got Chara to keep ME company all day!" We laughed.

Asgore nodded and said, "Okay, Okay that's good to hear. Just one last question." He seemed to ask a lot of questions but I didn't judge. He looked over at Toriel and her eyes softened. Asgore took a huge breath in and said, "Tori and I have been talking about your sudden appearance and it has come to our attention that you'll need a loving family that will be willing to take care of you for as long as you may need."

My stomach turned in knots, does that mean I'll have to leave? Are they putting me up for adoption? Is adoption even a thing down here? I didn't want to go back to an orphanage! But I was interested in what he was saying so I kept my mouth shut.

"Toriel and I were wondering if you would like to become our daughter."

I was utterly shocked. I tried to speak but I couldn't; I tried to move but I couldn't; I tried to see but I couldn't. I knew I was having another flashback. Why horrid flashbacks on
such

GOOᗪ

Y.
.
.