Chapter 15

Everything was a blur again but it was all slowly coming back into view. I just stared in awe. Did my determination work?! still felt lonely and cold inside and when my eyes finally adjusted to the room, I realized I was standing beside of my bed, not in it. No, wait. More like floating beside my bed. I look down and BAM I flipped out. I was cursing left and right. I had no idea what I was but I wasn't 'alive and walking.' I invisible to everyone. Was I dead? My ghostly body gave off a small red glow. I realized it was my soul! It wasn't beating though, it wasn't moving and it was stiff. My heart was shining the brightest color of red I've ever seen.

I looked beside me and saw my body. It was pale and motionless. I could see my family crying but I couldn't hear them. Undyne must have left in grief because she wasn't there. It was the weirdest thing ever, I felt like I didn't belong here. Then I relized something. I was a soul! A living being outside my body, my determination is keeping me alive! Or as 'alive' as a soul could be.

After what felt like forever Asriel looked up. But it must have been a long time because no one can get bloodshot eyes in seconds... but Asriel was staring in my direction and he looked... confused? Then I watched him push mom and dad off his shoulders. They looked surprised they stopped crying and look at me too. They seemed speechless as Asriel wiped his eyes and I could see the hurt and destroyed life in his eyes, he still loved me, of course. He looked bad ass for once. Normally he had big eyes and fluffy fur but now his fur was aged and dirty and his eyes seemed to light up with a fiery passion. By the time he was face to face with me he reached out his hand and his hand went straight through my body until it hit my brightly glowing heart. Then everything felt like a vacuum, like I was being absorbed and sucked into Asriel's soul.

After a few moments I felt my heart pumping as one with another. I relized that now both me and Asriel had control over his body. I felt invincible. Then I heard his voice, "Chara?" It echoed through my ears, "Is that you, Chara?"

A rush of relief washed over me. "Yes!" I replied excitedly. "Asriel I knew you wouldn't doubt me! I told you I would come back." I felt myself smiling and I could feel Asriel's feelings too. He was feeling relief, happiness, devastation, and sadness all at the same time.

"I would so hug you if I could! But we are combined now." Asriel laughed.

I looked up and his head moved up I felt him look down and his head moved down. We had equal control. I couldn't believe it actually worked! I could feel Asriel's smile cross his face. Then he walked over to the mirror in the hallway and for the first time we both saw how he transformed. He was much taller. He wore a purple robe and had dark purple streaks underneath his now narrowed eyes. He had long curled horns. He looked much older, his early 30's or something! Maybe the evolution combined our ages... and maybe this is how Asriel would have looked in his early 30's late 20's. I felt that our plan would work no matter what now!

After a few minutes mom and dad slowly walked up to us and they didn't look as sad anymore they looked more confused or maybe scared? I could tell they weren't going to say anything, they were in shock. So I took control and walked forward and hugged them. It was weird because we were equal height now. Asriel was in shock as well. I mean he did just basically see the future of how he might look. Mom and dad hugged us back tight. Maybe they knew I was here or maybe the thought something happened to Asriel. I knew we had to finish the plan. I sensed Asriel felt it too. After hugging them for an extended period of time we back up a little and and I let Asriel talk.

I would whisper to Asriel what to say aloud and... lets just say he doesn't have the best of hearing when our souls are combined. "Mom, dad, I must leave. I-I know this is short term lotus.... I mean notice. But we.... Uh.... I have something to do and m-moo? ... I mean you can't come along." I did a facepalm. How did he get Moo from You!!!

Ugh, well I guess it worked because they were still in shock and they were still crying. So we simply walked past them and I went into our bedroom and picked up my body. That is something I will never do again, carry my own body... Anyways, then we walked down the stairs and out the door, it's finally time to start part four of our plan. I heard their cries and I felt Asriel's tears but I kept us marching. Time for part four of the plan, cross the barrier. I'm headed straight for the castle.

I traveled towards the barrier listening to all the cries and screams the monsters were making as I past. Asriel wept all the way there so I took full control. Snowdin, Waterfall, Hotland, The Core. The people I walked past threw flowers at my feet as I walked and wiped tears and waved. This was so weird but I guess that is what happens when a royal member dies.

Then I finally stood in front of Asgore's Castle. It was the only place in the Underground that was peaceful, quiet. We trudged inside and walked across the giant bed of buttercups. Those golden flowers... I didn't know if I would ever see them the same again. The I stopped and paused in front of the gates to the barrier.

"Hey Asriel, are you ready to see what humanity is really like?" I said clearly. I wanted to feel him be terrified and tremble at the sound of humanity and you know what he did! I felt him take control and tried to run away but his long cloke didn't let him make it far and he tripped and fell. I laughed hoping to ease the mood for him but it didn't work.

"N-No! I don't want to see them! I dont want to see what they are capable of!!" He was utterly horrified. I felt like I should have felt bad but I utterly didn't feel anything at all.

"Asriel, you know if your just let me take control, I'll finish the task for you. And if you don't want to it's okay, but we can't back out now! I just killed myself and there is no reversing that." I realized I sounded a bit angry. I sighed, "We have to finish the plan. You can see what humans are and do, and I... I guess..." I never thought I would ever say this, I don't want to do this but Asriel has a long life ahead of him. I won't force him to hold this barren forever, "I will kill them. So you won't have to. Sound like a plan?"

He took a deep breath and calmed down. He nodded and stood up again. "Will we do this... together?"

"Of course I will never leave you! If your in, I mean I did die for this plan..." I said persuasively.

He laughed for the first time in days and said, "Heh Heh! Okay, okay! I'm going. I'll do it." He didn't sound to convinced at the end there but I'm sure he would. He loves me and I knew he would never leave me. Then we opened up the door to the barrier and walked through the monocolored barrier.