Chapter 55: Are We Going To Have To Elope?

[A/N: Song of the chapter:
- One Republic // Something I Need]

The blaring tunes that came from the stereo of my father's car made me lean my head back and grin as he sang along to Radio Disney with me. We belted out my favourite songs as we cruised down the highway. I clutched Snowy, my new teddy bear, and stuck an arm out of the window, allowing the rushing wind to prickle my bare arm with goosebumps.

"Excited for Disneyland kiddo?" My father asked me.

I turned my head to the side and grinned wildly.

"Yes, yes, yes!" I gushed. "This is going to be the best birthday ever Daddy. I can't believe I'm finally in the two digits."

"Turning ten is a big deal," He agreed. "Nineteen years ago, I turned ten and your grandparents bought me bicycle."

"I already have a bicycle," I smiled smugly and my father rolled his eyes.

"Spoilt much?" He arched an eyebrow, though the corners of his full lips twitched.

"Nope," I popped the 'p' and pushed my hair out of my eyes. "I'll only become a spoilt brat if my favourite daddy treats me to Disneyland."

"I am treating you to Disneyland therefore you are spoilt," My father frowned before realising that I was teasing him. "And hey! What do you mean 'favourite daddy'? You only have one."

"Exactly," I giggled. "And he's my favourite daddy."

"Oh good," He placed a hand on his heart and let out a dramatic, deep breath. "For a second there, I thought you were replacing me kiddo."

"Not yet," I replied, laughing at his horrified expression. "Only if you embarrass me at Disneyland. You pinky promised not to sing out loud, dance in public or make any weird faces."

"A pinky promise is a pinky promise. I won't break it Ashley-bear. Plus you'll be distracted by all the fun you're having so you won't notice my weird faces or amazing singing."

"Horrible singing," I corrected him and we both laughed. "Daddy, how much longer until we get there?"

"Soon."

"How soon?"

"Just soon."

"I can't wait," I clapped my hands together and stole a glance at my father.

His molten gold eyes sparkled with his own excitement, lighting up moss green ring around them as the deep honey iris glowed with happiness. I smiled when his faint crow's feet wrinkled and his lips stretched into a wider grin.

"Good, you're going to love your hotel room. Everything is Disney themed," He reached out to squeeze my shoulder. "I bet your friend Tyler is jealous that you're meeting those Disney princesses before him."

I laughed, struggling to contain a blush at the mention of my crush's name.

"Daddy," I whined when he waggled his eyebrows. "The twins go Disneyland every year."

"I know, I know," He chuckled, ruffling my hair. "I just like riling you up by bringing up your boyfriend's name."

"Boyfriend?" I squeaked. "He's not my boyfriend Daddy!"

"But you want him to be," He laughed and the car was filled with his deep, throaty chuckles. "Don't act so surprised Ashley-bear. I've seen those looks he gives you when little Taylor isn't watching."

"I don't like Tyler," I wrinkled my nose with disgust, trying to play off my obvious lie. "And he doesn't look at me in anyway Daddy. He makes jokes about my pigtails and my favourite dungarees. Sometimes he's mean to me and other times he's really, really nice to me."