Chapter 42: Nothing Makes Me Uncomfortable

Start from the beginning

"How could I forget?" He mused, itching his brow and shaking his head gently at the memory. "I'm sure I still have them somewhere."

"And I'm sure you do," I drawled, thinking about how messy his room was. I doubt anything could be found underneath the mountain of clothes that always seemed to pile up on his carpet.

"Just so you know, you're not getting them back."

"I figured," I laughed, snatching the bowl from him and shoving a wooden spoon into the mixture. "Don't worry, I bought the albums again like a week after I let you borrow them.

He feigned a wounded look. "You have such little faith in me."

"Duh! You're you."

"What's wrong with me?" He pouted, looking ridiculously like a Bambi.

With a serious expression, I drawled, "Pretty much everything."

"Shut up, I'm fab-u-lous," Tyler scoffed, thrusting his arms out in a diva pose and I giggled.

"Whatever, I knew you weren't gonna give them back," I replied, poking his cheek and giggling again when he tried to bite my finger off. "You're that one person who always borrows things and never gives them back."

He bumped his hip against mine.

"I am not!"

I bumped him back and jumped out of the way when he tried to hit me back.

"Yes you are."

Tyler staggered to the side and flashed me a look of betrayal to which I poked my tongue out.

We spent the next hour bickering and singing old tunes at the top of our lungs until I couldn't risk losing my hearing to his deaf-tone voice. Technically, I sounded far worse than he did but I didn't want to boost his ego by admitting he was a decent singer. So I grabbed my iPod and speakers and let the real bands do what they did best whilst we experimented with food colour to make our rainbow cake.

After an hour, half spent procrastinating, Tyler slid the six layers into the oven and turned around to face me.

"What now?"

I shrugged my shoulders and pulled my hair out of its low ponytail, wrapping the elastic band around my wrist.

"We can watch a movie," I suggested although we both knew that my mom would be home for dinner in two hours and we still had to decorate the cake. "Or I could be a polite host and give you a tour of the house? I don't know, what do you wanna do monsieur?"

"Tour sounds good, mademoiselle."

I arched an eyebrow. "I was being sarcastic."

"I know." He stepped towards me and clamped his hands on my shoulders before gently leading me out of the room. "But since you're the host and you're polite, you'll do it."

I scoffed. "You want a tour of eight rooms? It's gonna take us less than ten minutes to circle the entire house twice."

"We'll take a pit stop in your room. That will add an extra forty five minutes to the tour."

Curiosity lit his eyes until they practically glowed and I forced myself to look away before the oceanic currents swept me away.

"You just wanna see my room," I rolled my eyes.

Sea green eyes sparkled and I had to keep my clothes on when Tyler winked at me.

"Oh no munchkin, it's your bed I'm interested in."

My face wrinkled up with disgust. "You're gross."

He raised both his eyebrows and a smirk graced his lips.