Chapter 76: Wanna Go Home

"Hey!" a voice rang in Claire's head.

"Who are you?" Claire replied.

"We'll talk about that later. But firstly, let me loosen up your muscles..."

Something loosened around Claire and what seemed like the inside of her wings appeared in front of her eyes.

"Welcome," a girl sitting in front of her said.

Claire became skeptical about what she was seeing. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm sharing brains with you. Put simply, it's controlling a part of your brain."

"I don't feel anything wrong with me," said Claire.

"That's quite good. By the way, my name is Clarisse Adams McChill. I'm actually the plant you fell in. I was once a human too, and that's why I have a name."

"Did you come from The Shafterlands?"

"If you think that way, McDonald's probably also originated there. Speaking of which, what is your name?"

"Claire Brine. I'm not a Homo sapien. Too little research has been done on my species."

Both parties laughed.

"Claire, would you like to visit my house?" Clarisse said.

"Is there a house for everyone in my brain?" Claire replied, shocked.

"No. I just created it a minute ago."

Clarisse stood up from her seat and slowly walked into a white void. "Follow me, Claire."

Claire followed her on a path that suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

"This path is beautiful, Clarisse," Claire said, admiring the path.

"It must be since you wanted 'the most beautiful path' to appear," replied Clarisse. "It's all in the brain."

A while later, they arrived in the house. It was a medieval Carrenian-style house, which had two floors, one of them being the large attic that could be used as bedrooms.

Both of them went in. The inside was also decorated with very medieval furniture. There was a large chandelier in the middle of the first floor, with a small dining table with two chairs. At the corner was a small kitchen.

Go up the stairs and you will find two beds, a huge wardrobe, and an exit-only back door. There was also a toilet.

"Claire, your clothes look very shabby. You better get changed into what I'm wearing now," said Clarisse as she showed off her gothic dress.

"There's no way I'm gonna change into that!" retorted Claire as she made herself wear a bear costume.

"So why are you in a bear costume? It's so random."

"I can't seem to think of anything that would make me feel better. I don't feel like wearing a dress now since I've been wearing those from the day I was born."

They became quiet for a while.

"Claire, I have a question to ask," said Clarisse.

Claire turned her head to Clarisse.

Clarisse then told her about her past and why she was turned into a plant. Apparently, there was once a sorceress living in the forest. Since magic was banned in Carren City in that time, she was living in exile alone in the forest. Clarisse and her friends would frequently visit her to get charms and other magical stuff. One day, the sorceress created a lucky charm that only works on plants. It had not been tested, so Clarisse and her friends volunteered to be the lab rats. The sorceress turned them all into big flowers and placed the charm on them. However, when she was turning them back into humans, the police arrived and arrested her. As a result, Clarisse and her friends were stuck as plants forever.