Chapter 58: 187 Frester Street

After the night, the trio flew on, hoping to find a settlement. Here and there, Shannon (or should I say Scarlet?) would want to turn back to her cozy room in Fairyland.

The trio went on, and they reached the edge of the city. 

"This must be Frester Street. I checked the road sign, and that's what it says," said Keanric, who had been to Priseria once.

They went along the street. Most of the houses seemed to be deserted, except for a few, namely 106, 187, 190 and 232. Even though the lights were switched on in 106, 190 and 232, both the door and the lights were opened in 187. As fairies, the trio could not open doors, so they just slipped into 187 to have a night's rest.

However, something astonishing happened. When they went in, a boy chased them around the house, thinking that they were butterflies. The fairies flew as fast as they could; however, the boy still caught them in the end. He gripped them tightly by their waists and walked to his sister.

"Surprise!" he yelled behind his sister.

"What do you have, John?" asked his sister. She was annoyed by the sound as she was knitting something.

"Turn to the table. I have something special for you."

John's sister turned back to the table. Then, John used his sister's hair to tie the three fairies' hands on the hair.

"Now look at the mirror," John said.

John's sister looked at the mirror that was always kept in her pocket. "Wow! Butterflies sewn on my hair! I wish they were fairies though."

John reminded her, "Fairies don't exist, Valerie." Then, he walked out of the room.

Valerie then plucked out the fairies from her hair. "What if fairies exist?" she thought.

The fairies turned around and said, "We do exist."

Valerie screamed in shock and delight. However, Claire shot a ray of fairy dust to manipulate her brain so that she would do whatever they wanted.

"Now you would love us, and not be surprised or delighted. And you would never feel any too positive feelings," said Claire. "To get those feelings back, you must do whatever we want. If you happen to feel those feelings during this period, you will feel pain all over yourself."

Valerie was shocked. However, she still agreed.

Claire started talking again. "Tonight, you must let us sleep in your room. This is your first task, and please do it well."

*****

That night, when Valerie was sleeping, Keanric discussed with the other fairies on when to pour the shrinking potion into Valerie's body. He also said that Valerie had a butterfly birthmark on her back, so that means that she was fit to become a fairy.

"Maybe we shouldn't do that first. Make her tell her parents about it first sounds better. We shouldn't worry her parents," Shannon replied.

"Okay then," Keanric agreed.