Chapter 65: Flight or Fright?

"Hey Princess, come with me. I'll show you something," said Prince Henry while Claire was still looking at the window. 

Claire followed the prince to a small room.

"Where is this place?"

The Prince said nothing. However, before Claire could react, the Prince took out a chainsaw from somewhere.

Claire realized what was happening. She wrapped herself up with feathers to form an impenetrable shield, where she will try not to come out until the end of the day.

"COME OUT NOW OR I'LL STRIKE YOU WITH DARK MAGIC!!!" boomed Prince Henry. Claire still hid under her feathers.

Suddenly, she heard thunder and an evil laugh. She was so scared that her shield shivered with her.

"Okay... I'm gonna remove your shield now. It's gonna be painful with the dark magic, so come out if you are afraid!"

Claire obeyed the instruction and came out. It was at this moment that Prince Ringlord slashed her wings off with the chainsaw.

Claire cried, both in pain and what seemed like a great loss to her.

"Hey, Princess, don't cry!" said Prince Ringlord.

However, Claire stilled cried, now louder than ever. She wanted to get out of here and go into the water immediately, but her legs will not move. 

"Scared? Don't worry, I'll heal you!"

The Prince put Claire in a hospital, which took out her scars using some device. Although it removed the scars, the thought of it still hurt Claire. Sometimes, when she sees anything which reminds her of the incident or thought that she saw it, her legs will go numb and she will fall down, unable to move. 

One day, she decided to go to the pool. She had no reason for that; it was just an instinct. She heard that her mother also used to do random stuff when she was younger.

Without changing out, Claire jumped into the pool and turned into a mermaid. She tried to swim but she was just being pulled down. Then she realized that the bottom half of her tail was gone!