Chapter 30: Becoming a King

Claire jumped around in her new bedroom. "YAY!!! I'M A PRINCESS!!!" Although it was a good feeling, she also knew, deep in her heart, that there will be much more trouble later.    

For King Herobrine, he knew that he needed to change MOST, if not ALL, of the laws of the country in ONE DAY. He also knew that his children will be separated from him, his wife, and the public just because they were considered 'Children of Carren City'.

During the first few days of royal life, the family had nothing to do except being bossed around. For example, Claire was taught how to be elegant. Eventually, she gave up when the lecturer used a word she had never heard of.

Natalie had experienced all these mental torture, she thought.

On one of the days, Claire decided to visit Natalie. She told the guards that she needed to go to the exhibition, but a guard replied, "Your Highness, you shouldn't go! Who knows that you might be diagnosed with a virus that could end your precious life? Think about yourself first before others!"

"I know the virus VERY well and I had it since birth. Also, it is NOT a virus but a part of the DNA,"Claire told the guard. The guard had no choice but to go with the princess.

When they reached the exhibition, they found the King there. "DAD!" Claire yelled. However, the guards sensed it as a problem and shoved Claire back to her room.

In the middle of the journey, Claire told the guards, "I need to go to a private area. Please do not follow me." Then, she ran back to the exhibition. 

At the entrance of the exhibition, two guards blocked her way. "Where are your servants?"one asked.

"They did not allow me here, so I decided to run."

"You are not allowed to enter as there is a lab test going on inside. This might take your life away."

"I still need to get a know of what's inside!" Claire was on the brink of tears.

"No, you can't--"

"Let her in," The King's voice echoed in the air.

The guards obeyed the instruction and gave way.

"Dad!" Claire shouted as she  ran up to the king to hug him. However, she was blocked by guards... again.

"Females should not touch males."

"Old-fashioned guard, get out of the way!" commanded The King. The guard let Claire hug her father. That was then Herobrine did not feel Claire's skin, although both was directly in contact with each other.

"I cannot feel your skin," King Herobrine said to his daughter.

"Me too," Princess Claire replied. "I think this is the work of the transparent gloves I was forced to put on."

Suddenly, a scientist ran to the King. "YOUR MAJESTY! YOUR MAJESTY! I MADE A CHEMICAL THAT WILL TRANSFORM YOUR DAUGHTERS BACK INTO HUMANS!!!"

"Since when did I have more than one daughter?" the King asked.

At the same time, the scientist realized that the king had changed. He quickly apologized and asked if he can change the two sisters into humans.

"Yes, of course you can!"

The scientist took out a chemical from the lab and jabbed it into Natalie. Although it was very painful, Natalie did not dare to shout. However, she could feel something very sharp seeping through her tail, although it was not there.

The scientist did the same for Christine and Christine reacted the same.

"Now, we are going to put you both on stilts!"

Some scientists helped them wear the stilts. Then, they lowered the platforms.

Natalie tried walking first. She went around the exhibition, but then saw Claire at the bottom. 

Long lost friend, I hope you are fine... she thought. She then bent down her legs to try to reach the same height as Claire. However, she fell. 

"RUN!!!" A servant shouted. Everyone except Christine ran for the main exit. A few scientists, who were closer to the emergency exit, ran for it. As the dress was so big, it covered Natalie's vision completely. Everything could not be seen. 

After a while, Christine (who was not covered) took off her gown by finding a zipper on her back. Then, she just jumped down and escaped by the side door. 

*****