Chapter 43: A clothing shop

After having lunch that was cooked by Mike's wife, King Hero had to go down for a meeting with Mike. He excused himself from his children and wife and took the lift down to level 2, where the meeting was to be held.

Seizing this opportunity, Bonnie decided to show Claire and Natalie around the vicinity. She asked Claire, "Would you girls like to go down and see the city?"

"Sure!"

"But firstly, I would need you to act normal. You'll need to take off this crown on your head."

Claire and Natalie did that.

"Good. Now, do you have a flashcard? You'll need that to pay for your goods. The reason why we don't use cash is because 1 emerald is backed by 1 gram of gold. Since paper money are not backed by gold, we use gold. The flashcard is used because it is just lighter than gold."

Claire and Natalie did not know what she was saying, so they just showed their flashcards.

"Good. Now follow me!"

The trio took the lift to the first floor and went out of the building. The building itself was away from other landmarks, but buses from these landmarks must pass by this building in order to get to other places, so there were many tourists.

They walked to the main street, Mi'eXaffer Street, and waited a bus to pick them up. Mi'eXaffer Street was only one way, so cars needed to go to the street on the opposite side to go in the other direction. Mi'eXaffer Street was also labelled 89. Most streets were labelled with a 3-digit number.

When the trio reached the city, they walked to Bonnie's favorite part of the city, Emerald Square. The square had some famous pastry shops. Besides that, there was also a clothing shop tucked away in a corner.

Bonnie found the shop. It was called Clay Fashion (and it had nothing to do with clay!). "Come right in!" she urged Claire and Natalie.

Claire went in first, followed by Natalie. There was a slope leading to a basement.

The trio entered the basement, where all the clothes were kept.

"Okay, on the left, it is the men's section, while on the right, it is the ladies'. They do have very fine clothes, and besides that, a machine at the back can help you find a set that you will fall in love with immediately. At the front, it is the infants' section. As you go further, you will find clothes for more and more mature people. Right at the back is the clothes for the 1000-year-olds."

Claire and Natalie could only look in awe.

Natalie looked in the glass panels which frame up the clothes. There were only one of each design and size. Bonnie explained to them that when one is taken, another quickly drops down tho replace the first one.

As the trio walked down further into the room, they saw a dress which was placed directly in the center of the room in a glass cube! It was worn by robot who looked so life-like that Natalie mistook it for a real person!

Natalie fell in love with the dress immediately.

"I just want to buy it now!" she exclaimed.

"Oh no Natalie, this whole set comes with millions of parts that are very hard to control! When I was young, I tried it and could not move my hands! I was horrified then. I did not know how to change back to my original clothes. Also, my lips were frozen to a smile and my tongue was rolled into a weird position, making me unable to call for help!"

However, Natalie had already pressed the "fit" button, which activates a machine that put her into the glass box and began to fit her into the dress. Sure enough, there were millions of parts. Her mouth was forced open, invisible braces were forced into her teeth, her tongue was rolled into the position Bonnie described, plastic parts were forced to cover her neck and her hands, and the main dress itself massaged her body very badly.

However, when she started to move around, she said in another voice, "This dress is just awesome!"

Bonnie was shocked. "How did you even manage to move?"

"I don't know," said Natalie. "I could not even feel the parts covered by the dress! But I'm going to BUY IT!"

She pressed the "buy" button and that deducted 100 emeralds from her flashcard.

"Why is the dress so cheap?" Natalie thought as the dress was being removed from her body and stuffed into a bag.

A salesman then wheeled another dress that looked impossible to wear into the glass cube. Claire saw a note at the side of the dress, "For Claire Brine."

"Hey look! This dress is for me!" Claire exclaimed as her eyes brightened. She instantly fell in love with the dress and accidentally hit the "fit" and "buy" buttons at the same time.

She was fitted into the dress. 50 emeralds were deducted from her flashcard. Then, the machine changed her back into her own clothes and the dress was stuffed into a bag.

Back at Mike's house, Claire asked, "What happened when I hit the "buy" and "fit" buttons at the same time?"

Bonnie replied,"Autofit is turned on. If you fit in the clothing, they will give it to you!"