Chapter 2: School

*Present day*

It was another ordinary morning. Mr. Brine's children, Claire, Herra and Brian, set off to school once they finished their breakfast. "Bye, dad! Bye, mum!"

Once at the front yard, Claire asked her brothers, "Should I fly? I think I saw a few air patrols last night."

"The curfew set by the stupid king has passed. It is okay now," said her elder brother, Brian.

Claire, like her mother, could fly as they have wings. Both were very elegant, and a lot of boys had proposed to them. None of them had won their heart, though. Except one person. Of course, it's Mr. Brine.

After the reign of the king, he set a few very stupid laws. Firstly, anyone in the palace cannot leave the palace. Secondly, he could break any law. As a result, he committed theft, at least, ten times and was never caught. Thirdly, he set a curfew from 6 pm to 6 am, which had made his children go hungry during dinnertime (just because everyone in the palace had to be back in their rooms by 6 pm, which means that there is no dinner).

A lot of people wanted to overthrow the king, but they were afraid to do so. Many told Herobrine to bomb the palace, but he gave an excuse instead. "Do you even know what consequences will happen? The children are innocent! If you bomb them, it's like fitting a creeper into a schoolbag and pumping in Explotin'!

Claire was also best friends with the youngest, and the most beautiful princess. As both had the same dream, they became best friends. But I'm not telling a fairy tale, so don't expect {beautiful=long hair}

*****

Claire flew to school, or what she called after the king's reign, Stupid Crazy House Of Overwhelming Lessons. It was stupid because it was crazy. It was crazy because it was overwhelming. It was overwhelming because she lost her best friend. That's the definition.

So what happened to Herra and Brian?

They went into their classrooms, sat down and started playing computer games. The king had made both of their teachers' servants. Well, for Herra, it was an excellent thing as he could activate his magic shield and practice what he called "code magic." For Brian, it was the worst thing in his life. Without his teacher, there was no point going to the lab area and make a new potion without supervision.

Herra then decided to try to rain money over himself. He whispered, "/credit CarrenianEmerald 1" to himself.

A green coin fell on his head. One Emerald! He took it and placed it inside his wallet.

His classmates saw what he did and copied him. But, it did not work. "Another trick set by Herra again!" one sighed deeply.

*****

Claire looked at the calendar and smiled. It was her birthday soon. Three days later, she would be expecting a book and a watch as a present from a mysterious person. But before that, she had to represent Carren City as the swimmer of the Youth Mylimpic Games held in either YJJ City or The Shafterlands every four years.

She looked at the clock, waiting for time to pass. Soon, it was 12:45 pm. The dismissal bell rung.

"RUN!" all the students screamed while fleeing for the school gate. For Claire, flying was easier. So, when the teacher was not looking, she jumped out of the window and flew straight up into the clouds.

It started to get cold when Claire's mind told her that she was at 1000 metres above sea level and above the palace. That was a unique ability given to her at birth: to know your latitude, longitude and altitude. Soon, she would reach the coast, where her house is. Given this information, she flew down to see the roads.

She looked around and saw a distinct line that separates the grey parts and the blue parts. One yellow dot popped out on the border. The house! She glided to the backyard and entered through the back door.

"Mum! I'm back!"

"Oh, sweetie, you must be tired! Have your bath. I'll prepare lunch for you!"

Almost at the same time, both Herra and Brian had entered through the front door. "Dad! Here we are!"

"Is school fun today?"

Brian started first. "Could you teach me potions? Then I could graduate next year with flying colours!"

"Although I do not know anything about potions, I'll try."

"Yes! My father is going to teach me!"

Herra did not have anything to say, so he went to the bathroom located upstairs in his bedroom to bathe.
________