thirty five // 115.3 lbs

Start from the beginning

Grabbing onto the doorframe for support, I stopped walking, waiting for the dizzy spell to wear off. My legs burned and shook from the new leg exercises I had been doing, but that didn't matter to me.

I was glad to have Calum back, but the overwhelming blame I had put on myself made facing him hard. Now I didn't want to see him, and preferred to hide away in my guilt. I stood there for minutes, debating on even going downstairs or not.

"Daisy?"

I jumped, letting go of the door with lightning speed.

"Oh, there you are! I've missed you!"

Danielle appeared at the top of the stairs and walked down the hallway, approaching me with open arms.

"Hi," I awkwardly hugged her back, burying my face in her shoulder as she hugged me tight.

"Why aren't you downstairs?" Danielle asked, holding a firm yet gentle grip on my arm.

I shrugged, biting my lip out of nervous habit.

"Let's go out together. We have a lot to catch up on," Danielle offered. "Just the two of us."

***

"You're joking."

I shook my head, looking down at the floor. "I wish I was. Was that bad of me to do?"

"No. It was just a drink –"

"And we exchanged numbers."

"Well, that's true. If that had happened with Calum I admit I'd be upset, but I would trust him enough to know that at the end of the day he'd still pick me, y'know?"

"Exactly," I sighed. "I tried to explain that to him, but he didn't want to listen."

"And he just broke up with you? Right on the spot?"

When I nodded, Danielle scoffed. "What a dïck. Hey, I'm gonna go run to the bathroom."

"Okay. I'll wait here."

Danielle nodded and stood up, walking out of the mall's food court and through a hallway leading to the bathrooms. Looking down at the ice cream cone I had been forced to eat around her, I stood up, walked over to the trash and quickly threw it away. Just thinking about finishing the cone made me sick.

"Daisy?"

I jumped, for what felt like the millionth time, before turning around. Jacob stood there, clad in a sweatshirt and sweatpants.

"O-Oh... Hi..." I shyly tucked my hair behind my ear, feeling my face go red.

"Hey. We have class together, but I haven't seen you in days. Everything okay?" Jacob asked, gesturing for both of us to sit on the bench.

"Yeah, everything's fine," I sat beside him, glancing down at my thighs.

Keeping my feet flat on the ground made my thighs look huge, so I quickly brought my knee over the other and crossed my legs. "I was just sick," I told him casually, heart skipping a beat when I looked back up at him and met his intense gaze.

"That sucks," Jacob frowned. "Hope you're feeling better?"

"I am, thanks," I looked away, praying he wouldn't notice the red on my cheeks.

"I know we haven't known each other for that long, but would you want to hangout Friday? We could come here," he gestured around the mall with a quick jerk of his head.

When I didn't answer, he quickly added, "It's okay if you don't want to, I understand. We just haven't been able to talk much so I figured..."

"I'd love to," I made myself say, figuring it would better for me to make friends now that we were in a new country.

"Cool," Jacob's cheeks tinted pink.

I found myself wanting to think of him as adorable, but ultimately decided that would be weird considering I had just come out of a relationship.

"Jacob hurry up!"

We both looked up, finding a group of three boys standing nearby.

Jacob rolled his eyes, turning back to me. "I'm gonna go. I'll see you at school?"

"Tomorrow," I confirmed.

"Cool. Bye Daisy," Jacob stood up, he seemed to hesitate, before shyly adding, "Stay safe."

I bit my lip, trying to fight back a smile as I watched him job over to his friends, before they walked away, eventually disappearing in the crowd.

"Ooh!"

Snapping my head to the side, I found Danielle standing next to me, a smirk on her face.

"Yes! Show Max what he's missing!"

"W-We're just friends," I defended, feeling the heat rise back to by cheeks.

"I was joking," Danielle laughed, patting my arm. "Come on kiddo."

***

IM SORRY IF THIS IS ALL OVER THE PLACE SIDIEJJD BUt i'll start editing and stuff on friday okay i'm really sorry

if you hate this don't worry because i hate everything about this too snsisjskjs

anyway, happy thanksgiving y'all !!

!! TRIGGER WARNING !!

i kinda-wanna-cry-kinda-wanna-die bc i can't even eat the three potato chips my friend gave me without trying to throw them back up. how the hell will i eat a plATEFUL of food kms

qotd: whats your favorite thing to eat during thanksgiving??

aotd: stuffing !! i love it sm

stay positive. ily <3

&& happy holidays <3