3 | Finally

"Two centuries ago, this city hung its traitors right here," Dahlia informs as she pulls Freya towards the center of the large open area. "I thought it's only fitting that it be your slaughtering grounds." Dahlia casts a spell that starts to choke Freya, causing her to fall to her knees and gasp for breath. Dahlia then smashes a bottle of salt onto the ground and uses her magic to form a magical circle around herself and Freya, trapping the latter inside, before walking around and waving her hand as she casts a spell around them. Freya looks up at her so-called aunt.

"I actually pity you." She pants. "Over the course of our long lives together, I could see you were broken. I used to think it was my fault, but in time, I learned your ability to love died long ago."

"Darkness isn't born, you know." Dahlia whispers in her ear. "It's created by the snuffing out the light. So, however you thought you might mend me, please know you never could. Whenever I looked in your eyes, I saw your mother— the sister who turned my heart to stone. And, with that stone, I will crush every one of her children."

"Isn't there a saying about stones and glass houses?" Dahlia turns to see a smirking Klaus.

"In case the analogy is lost on you, I believe my brother is calling you a hypocritical bitch." Rebekah appears next to him.

"Bringing vampires to a witch fight. Someone hasn't learned their lesson. But what about little Alexis?" A low growl sounds from behind the concrete pillars, letting Dahlia know that werewolves are surrounding them. "Oh, that's right. She's stuck in her memories of killing everyone she loves."

"I can be a bit thick sometimes..." Klaus says tensely.

Chains rattle and Elijah and Peter emerges with Esther in handcuffs. Dahlia's expression falters. "Although, on this occasion, I'd say I took your lesson to heart."

Dahlia starts to laugh. "My sister in chains? Is-is she to be a gift to buy your freedom? Because I brought something." She pulls out the white oak stake threateningly.

"One stake, three of them." Peter shrugs as Derek and the others walk out of the shadows.

"Even if you hesitate the other two will rip you in half." Lydia points out.

"Sound thinking... But small thinking." Dahlia raises the white oak stake in the air and thunder rumbles behind her. The stake begins to float before exploding into dust. Dahlia uses magic to direct the powder towards the Mikaelson siblings, making them inhale. They all start to cough and gasp for breath. The others run up to them, trying to help them stand.

"You're killing them!" Freya yells desperately. Esther watches in horror as her children choke.

"Now, sister, let us watch together as I burn your children from the inside out." Dahlia looks at Esther. The smile on the elder's lips would frighten anyone: it is that of a madwoman. Esther can see no more of the sister she once loved.

Esther hesitates before walking towards her sister. "You still carry around so much anger for me after all these years?" She asks.

"You broke your vow." Dahlia reminds her angrily. "We were to stand together, always and forever, and you left to marry that brutish, Viking imbecile. You ended my family, and they were the result." Dahlia glares at the choking Originals. They are thrown onto their backs as their veins turn red.

"You call this my wrongdoing? You made me bargain away my firstborn child! My daughter!" Esther looks down at Freya's fearful eyes in sorrow.

"Not just this firstborn, but every firstborn!" Dahlia snaps. Klaus tries to stand with the blade bound with the ingredients to kill his aunt. "And even then, you found a way to deny me that which you had sworn to be mine! How do you think that felt?"

Klaus jumps toward Dahlia with the blade in hand, but she uses magic and throws him backward, causing him to drop the knife. Dahlia looks up at the ceiling's skylight, where she can see that the moon has hit its apex. She smiles and looks down at Esther. "Now, Esther, say goodbye to the last of your children."

Dahlia thrusts her hand forward and puts Freya in a magical choke-hold, which causes her to gasp desperately for breath. The Originals look as though they're running out of time as well as the others look for ways to help.

"Sister, wait! Wait!" Esther rushes forward. Dahlia lets up on the spell but not completely. "You've won, Dahlia. You have everything you ever wanted, including the firstborn of a new generation! You have bested us all. At least let me try to make amends." She walks towards her sister so they are face to face. "Let me share with you the glorious freedom that I have found..." Esther pauses. "In death."

Esther lunges forward and wraps the long chain that connects her manacles around Dahlia's neck and chokes her with it. Dahlia releases her magical hold on Freya to fight against her sister's grip, and Freya quickly uses her own magic to break the magic circle binding her and cure her siblings of their white-oak-induced sickness. They all begin to cough up blood and sawdust, but otherwise, they seem to be healed. Esther is struggling to keep strangling Dahlia and turns back toward her children.

"Elijah?" Esther calls desperately.

Instead of her oldest living son grabbing the dagger, a black wolf jumps forward and grabs the knife. She shifts, and Lexi wears a strong glare on her face, paired with her burning red eyes, as she throws the dagger into Esther's back. In return, the blade also pierces Dahlia's heart.

Lexi straightens her back and pants. Both women turn to ash, and Lexi turns back to her siblings with a small smirk. "It seems we are officially orphans. Finally."

Rebekah sighs in relief before Lexi's eyes drift to the side. Her smirk is replaced by an expression of complete fear. It's the same look she wore when Dahlia had revealed that the Beacon Hills pack had learned of her secrets. She shifts, racing away and into a portal before anyone can move.

—|—|—|—

Lexi desperately searches for her daylight necklace. "Come on. Come on!" She mutters, rummaging through drawers.

Being the Mikaelson she is, she doesn't want to confront what memories she took away. She wants to ignore them. She doesn't want to talk to Scott or Lydia or Stiles. And definitely not Derek.

"Where are you?!" She groans. She goes over to the window in her room and looks through the messy pile of stuff at her window-sill.

She hears footsteps behind her and turns around with wide eyes. She gulps and looks for an escape. "Look, I know you want to kill me or punch the hell out of me," She tells an approaching Derek desperately. "But I can explain, ok? Just let me—" He cuts her off by kissing her. She freezes in shock as he pulls away with a soft expression.

"I wasn't getting over Paige," he says.

"What?" She breathes as his hands cup her face.

"I wasn't getting over Paige. You were never a rebound." He shakes his head with a small laugh.

"Derek, I—"

"Shut up." He smashes his lips against hers once more and she just lets go. Her fingers comb through his black hair and his hand pulls her closer to him.

"You're sure?" She pulls back, panting.

"I've never been more sure of anything," he whispers. A smile plays on her lips as she crashes her lips back on his and lets him pick her up. His hands hold her up from under her thighs and they fall onto her bed, lips constantly moving against each other. 

EEEEEEK!! They finally got together! The title of this chapter is fitting, no? Hope you enjoyed!