15 | Quarantine from the Quarantine

Lexi, Kira, and Malia all wait in a line to get blood drawn, two at a time. "Guys, do you ever get the feeling that Scott and Stiles aren't telling you everything?" Malia asks suddenly. Lexi's splitting headache causes her to groan inwardly at the noise.

"What do you mean?" Kira questions nervously, knowing about the coyote's real father.

"Like they hide stuff." Malia smiles.

"All the bloody time." Lexi rasps.

"I think if they did," Kira shoots the Original a look. "They probably have a pretty good reason," Kira answers.

"Do you know what they're hiding in the bag under Scott's bed?" Malia blurts out.

"No." Lexi shakes her head. "Cash, maybe?"

"What? No, I've never been under Scott's bed. Or in it. Just on it... Wearing clothes..." Lexi snorts at Kira's nervous rant.

"You have it bad, kitsune," Lexi whispers.

"Not like you aren't completely in love with Derek." Malia states. Lexi flushes red and turns around to have her blood drawn.

Both her and Kira walk up, pulling their sleeves up for the needle. "You feeling alright, Ms. Adams?" The man asks.

"Fine." She snaps. "Just a small headache."

"This'll be quick." He promises as the woman with Kira talks about needles. Lexi winces slightly when the needle goes in.

Her stomach churns when she sees her own blood in the syringe: black. "What the—" The man breathes.

Suddenly, the needle in the woman's hand is electrified, burning her suit. The man drops Lexi's blood on the table and ushers the woman out. Lexi grabs the vile and the two girls. "We have to go, now."

"Lexi." Kira's voice sounds alarmed, causing the Alpha to stop in her tracks. "Your eyes."

Lexi frowns before she rushes to the bathroom. She stands right in front of the mirrors. "Oh no." She whispers, seeing red instead of blue. She gently touches her eyes, wondering why they won't turn back to blue.

"Lexi?" Malia asks, walking towards her.

"We need to stop this, whatever it is." She mutters. "We have to get to Scott."

The three girls get to the boys' locker room, thankfully avoiding other people. Scott looks up, eyes flashing red. "It's happening to you too." Lexi states.

"I can't make them go back." Malia sighs, bringing her hands up so everyone could see the claws.

"Obviously, the virus is affecting the three of you in a way it won't hit any human being." Mr. Yukimura says.

"Guys, you have to stay out of sight," Stiles tells them worriedly.

"You think?" Lexi snaps.

"We have to quarantine you from the quarantine." Stiles comments.

"Yeah, but where?" Kira asks. "I mean, what if they get violent? Like on a full moon? Lexi's already snapping at us."

"That's because I'm witch and werewolf, meaning two different species for the virus to kill. And I haven't heard from my anchor in hours!" Lexi growls.

"We shouldn't stay in here. Not in the locker room," Scott says, breaking up the potential fight.

"A classroom is not going to hold us." Malia scoffs.

"What about the basement?" Kira suggests.

"Too many ways to get out." Scott pants from trying to stay in control. "We need something secure. Somewhere nobody can find us."

"The vault." Lexi breathes. "The Hale vault. We always have an escape route."

"Like their house." Scott realizes. "There has to be another way in."

Mr. Yukimura instantly runs to get a map of the school. He rolls it out and points, "That is where the school sign is, so the vault's got to be right about here." Stiles says.

"The second entrance has to be accessible from the basement. In this hallway." Lexi states, pointing as well.

"Or this corridor..." Stiles slips, falling into Mr. Yukimura. Both he and Malia help the human up, and Lexi rolls up his sleeve, revealing the red rash.

"It's happening to you too." Mr. Yukimura observes. "You're getting sick, you all are."

"I don't feel sick," Kira mentions quietly.

"I think it's affecting you differently, neurologically." The teacher shuffles through some papers, landing on Kira's test answers. "I found your answers in a pile with others." The bubbles Kira filled in aren't even answers. 

"Not good," Lexi mutters. "We need to get to the vault, now."

The teens manage to sneak out and into the basement. Each pack member looks in a different place. "Guys!" Lexi calls, finding a Triskelion on the wall. "This is it." She moves the cabinet so there is a clear view. "It only opens with claws."

"Anyone's claws, right?" Stiles asks. He looks at Lexi desperately. She shakes her head enough for him to notice.

"Malia, you have to do it." She tells the were-coyote.

"Why me?" She questions.

"Scott and I don't have control of our claws." Lexi shrugs.

"Ok, I'll do it." Malia agrees. "But first," She turns to the boys. "Tell me what you've been hiding from me. I know you think you're trying to protect me, but I can handle it." The boys shuffle uncomfortably. "I know I'm on the list."

The whole room relaxes. "Yes," Stiles says.

"So how much?"

"How much what?"

"How much am I worth?" Malia clarifies.

"Four million." Scott answers.

"Are you ok?" Lexi asks softly, seeing her expression change.

"Yeah, Scott's worth 25, Kira's 6. They'll take you guys out way before me." Malia says as she walks over to the wall.

"Progress," Stiles whispers. "It's progress."

The wall opens, and the five of them walk in. The door closes behind them as Lexi walks into the center. "Welcome to the Hale Vault." She sighs.

I'm taking a final in about an hour and I'm super duper nervous. I fell asleep studying last night and only got through like 20% of what I needed to. Anyway, next one is full of Dexi. That's pretty much it. Lexi and the Hales drama. Hope you enjoyed!