8 | Triskelion

"We're just going to wait here for Scott. We're going to sit quietly." Stiles instructs as the trio enter the house. Lexi follows silently, playing with her fingers. "We're not gonna call or talk to anyone."

"Do I talk to you?" Derek asks.

"No."

"Good."

"Fine."

"Who's gonna talk to him?" Derek points at the tall FBI agent in the kitchen.

"Are you getting taller?" Stiles exclaims, sizing up Scott's father.

"What are you guys doing here?" Agent McCall asks, holding a bag of food.

"Waiting for Scott." Derek answers. Lexi stays silent behind the two, holding onto Derek's hand tightly.

"Yeah, so am I. We're supposed to have dinner. I brought extra. You hungry?" The Agent questions, setting the food down.

"Yeah." Derek sighs.

"No," Stiles replies at the same time. Derek looks at Stiles, annoyed. "No, we're not hungry."

"No, I'm starving," Derek says.

"Neither of us is hungry," Stiles repeats. "Thanks though."

"Ok, well if you're not hungry, Stiles, your friends can still eat with us. What's your name?"

"Der-"

"Miguel," Stiles says quickly, cutting off Derek. Derek turns back to Stiles, confused. "My cousin, Miguel." Stiles slaps Derek's back as Derek tries to hide his annoyance behind a tight smile. "From Mexico. So..."

The agent begins to speak Spanish, and Stiles' expression drops. "Oh my god." He mutters. Derek responds after a moment in fluent Spanish.

"And you?" The agent looks back at Lexi. It takes her a moment to figure out that he's talking to her.

"Laila." Stiles nods as she opens her mouth. "Yeah, she and Miguel are old friends." Lexi tilts her head to the side, confused. "Yeah..."

"Fantastic. Egg roll?"

"Hell yeah," Derek smirks. He walks forward but Lexi stays put. "You ok?"

"I-I'm not supposed to eat without Father or Gunnar's permission." She says softly.

"Who's Gunnar?" Stiles questions.

"No one."

"Well, I'm giving you permission to eat," Stiles tells her.

"But it has to be—"

"I'm taking care of you now, therefore I can give you permission." Stiles ends the conversation, and they all go to sit down.

"So, Miguel." The Agent asks once everyone has food. Only Derek acknowledges the fact that Lexi isn't really eating. "What'd you say your last name was again?"

"It's Juarez. Cinqua... Tiago." Stiles answers before Derek can.

"That's a mouthful. How do you spell that?" Derek sends a look towards Stiles, expecting an answer for his 'name'.

"Phonetically." Stiles coughs.

"Mr. McCall, you're an FBI agent." Derek realizes, seeing his badge.

"He's low level. Very low level." Stiles tries to distract him. "He doesn't even have a voice."

"So do you investigate murders?" Derek asks.

"Sometimes, when it's a federal crime." Lexi's expression turns to confusion, hearing all these words she doesn't know.

"What about fires?"