20 | Our List

Lexi and Scott run into the animal clinic, having heard that Brett and his little sister, Lori, were attacked. Kira appears, a smile stretching onto her face at the sight of Scott. They both run at each other and kiss. Lexi, deciding not to ruin the moment, slips by and moves to the examination room.

Her eyes scan the room full of werewolves before she spots a specific Alpha. "Satomi," Lexi breathes. The old Alpha meets her gaze before she is practically tackled by Lexi. "I thought I would never see you again," Lexi whispers.

"How could I not see my own Alpha?" Satomi asks, pulling back. "You are different, Alexis." She observes, sniffing the air.

"I'm not a vampire anymore," Lexi tells her. "And I'm an Alpha." She shines her red eyes.

"Lexi?" Brett asks tentatively. She turns around, a bigger smile sitting on her face. "You're Satomi's Alpha? Not just the legendary Original?"

"I am. And any pack of my beta's is a pack of mine." She smiles warmly as Kira and Scott walk into the room.

"Satomi, this is who I was telling you about," Kira announces.

"I know who Scott McCall is." Satomi nods appreciatively.

"Are we safe here?" Lori questions, nervousness in her tone.

Scott's eyes move to each werewolf, looking at them. He turns back to Kira and says, "We're gonna need some help. A lot of help."

Lexi walks up next to him and gets into her Alpha mode. "You take them to a safe place. I'll get Derek and Braeden. Text me with the location."

She turns back to Satomi, an encouraging smile on her face. "Don't worry. We'll keep you safe, I promise."

—|—|—|—

"They've got claws and fangs. But they're not fighters," Derek states as he, Lexi and Braeden take out weapons from a duffle bag.

"That's why I called you." Scott sighs, glancing at Lexi and Derek.

"Well, try to remember I don't have claws and fangs anymore either." Derek scoffs.

"That's why I called her." Lexi points to a sarcastically smiling Braeden.

"Am I the only one still hoping this is all just a false alarm?" Kira asks hopefully. "I mean, it's possible we could wait here all night and nothing happens. Right?"

Lexi looks down, knowing that giving false hope is useless. "Scott, you heard anything from Stiles or Lydia yet?" Braeden changes the subject, sensing the discomfort.

"Lydia's still talking to Meredith. Stiles and Malia are headed to the lake house. They're trying to stop it." Scott informs.

"What if there is no stopping it?" The group turns to see a desperate Brett standing in front of his pack. "What if it doesn't end until we're all dead?"

"Then let's send a message," Lexi answers simply. "Let's make something perfectly clear to anyone with a copy of that list. It doesn't matter if they are professional assassins, hunters, or an amateur who just picked up a weapon. Anyone who thinks they can hunt and kill us for money is gonna be put on another list. Our list."

"They get to be a name on our deadpool," Derek concludes, his hand finding hers.

"And I will not stop until every supernatural on that list is safe." With that, everyone goes back to preparing for battle.

Lexi leaves Derek and goes over to talk softly with her beta. "Quite the speech." Satomi praises.

"I wasn't lying, Satomi," Lexi says seriously. "They will not get away with this."