24 | The Full Moon

"How did you get a prison transport van?" Stiles asks Braeden as she and Peter hop out of the van, alone.

"I'm a U.S. Marshal." Braeden deadpans.

"Yeah, I just thought that was just a cover," Stiles mumbles. Braeden stares at him, causing him to look away. "Where's Derek and Lexi?"

"We're here!" The couple runs into the warehouse, both looking like they had gone through years of fear in only a few hours. "Sorry, we got... Caught up with something." Lexi tries to explain, her cheeks flushed.

"Where were you?" Peter demands, glancing between the two of them. "And if you say that you were having 'alone time,' I swear, I will throw up on you—"

"Kate might have lured Lexi out to the middle of the woods." Derek breaks, earning a glare from Lexi.

"She what?" Peter exclaims, looking at the person he considered a sister.

"Nothing bad happened," Lexi mutters.

"Nothing? Really?" Derek scoffs. "Killing you wasn't bad?"

"Derek!" Lexi nudges him in the gut harshly.

"Ow."

"She killed you?" Stiles inquires. "How are you alive?"

"Protection spell. It took a lot out of me, though, so I am basically relying on my werewolf side tonight." Lexi sighs, embarrassed by her lack of power. A look of betrayal flashes across Peter's face, unnoticed to the group. "But let's discuss the plan, shall we?"

"Are we really bringing him?" Derek asks, pointing to a nervous Liam. Lexi rolls her eyes at Derek, slapping his arm playfully.

"Are we really bringing him?" Stiles retorts, glaring at Peter.

"We're bringing everyone that we can," Peter states, annoyance seeping into his tone. "And considering Scott and Kira were taken the night before a full moon, we should probably get going."

"What's that mean?" Malia asks, shaking her head slightly.

"If Kate took Scott back to the same temple that she took Derek, how do we know she's not planning to do the same thing to him?" Peter looks at the teenagers expectantly.

"What, she wants to make him younger?" Liam shakes his head in confusion.

"Or take him back to when he wasn't a werewolf," Lexi suggests.

"A werewolf can't steal a true Alpha's power. But maybe a Nagual jaguar, with the power of Tezcatlipoca behind her... Maybe she can. So, if everyone is sufficiently freaked out, I say we get going." Peter points to the prison van for Liam.

"We can't." Stiles sighs. "Not without Lydia."

Stiles walks off, phone in hand. Lexi, Derek, Liam, and Malia all stand next to Stiles' jeep, talking quietly, as Braeden stands by her truck and Peter paces.

"What's she doing at the school anyway?" Derek questions.

"We got Kira's sword," Malia holds up the katana. "But we need something with a stronger scent. Lydia went to get a jacket out of her locker."

"Nothing," Stiles announces, walking back towards the group.

"If she has a car, she can catch up to us." Braeden shrugs.

"That's a good point. We'll call her from the road," Peter says, already heading to his car.

"No. What if something happened?" Stiles asks. "What if she's in trouble?"

"Fine." Peter cocks his head to the side angrily. "You stay, you find her. We're gonna go on without you."

"I could call Mason," Liam tells Stiles. "He has a study group at school. Maybe he could look for her."

Stiles clenches his jaw, glancing at Lexi for guidance. "If something was really wrong, I would know," she says. "I have a connection with the pack. If she was close to death, I would feel it."

"All right. Fine." Stiles relents. He, Malia, and Liam follow Braeden to the transport van as Derek pulls Lexi aside.

"You're sure that you're ok with Peter?" He asks seriously.

"Yes. I'd rather keep an eye on him than let him get into Malia's head. We both know how he is with the idea of killing." She lowers her voice in an attempt to avoid said man. "I'll be fine I promise."

Derek nods, but she can tell he isn't fully convinced. She leans up on her toes and presses a soft kiss to his lips. When she moves back, his eyes darken slightly. "I'll be fine."

"Tease." He mutters, going over towards the prison van.

"Remember what we're dealing with," Peter announces as Lexi leans against his car. "It's not just Kate, it's Berserkers. You might see human eyes behind those skulls. Do not assume that there's any humanity left." Liam shifts uncomfortably, gaining Peter's attention. "Oh. This little one is terrified of them, aren't you? Don't worry, my friend. It is that fear that will keep you alive. A reminder to everyone. You do not fight Berserkers to survive, you fight to kill."

With that, everyone climbs into their respective vehicles, and they take off.

—|—|—|—

"Could I turn the radio down?" Peter asks loudly. Lexi shrugs, and he leans forward, turning the dial so that the music is no louder than a whisper. "You worried about Derek?"

"I'm worried about everyone," Lexi answers simply.

"Do I have to be worried about you?" She turns to look at him with an annoyed expression.

"No," she tells him sternly.

"Kate did kill you. I'm surprised you didn't kill her." He sighs.

"I don't kill people. Not unless necessary." Lexi looks back out the window.

"Do you think Scott would kill to save Kira?" Peter asks suddenly. "You know he would. I know you would kill to save Derek, and maybe even me. You know this will not end without a little bloodshed."

"Pete, I'm mad at you, so shut up." Lexi snaps, looking back at him. "There was no reason to kill that assassin."

"Really? Trying to kill me was enough reason." He scoffs.

"We don't kill people! You think Talia would be proud that you killed the threat?!" Lexi exclaims, unable to calm herself.

Peter's hands tighten on the wheel as he clenches his jaw.

"No, and that jab towards me? I am trying, Peter, to be a better person. I am not a vampire anymore. I am a werewolf, and I am proud to be one. So those bloody comments have to stop." She leans back, unsatisfied and unsure of what to say next.

"You done?"

"Yes." She spits, looking back out the window.

"How long has the full moon been affecting you?" He questions, looking her way.

She looks down, swallowing dryly. "Since I was undaggered." She admits quietly.

"Well, you might want to hold onto that power. You'll need it."

What was your favorite part of the chapter? Maybe the LexixPeter moment? Or maybe the banter between Dexi? Hope you enjoyed!