19 | Lucky

Scott is thrown into the lockers next to an unconscious Liam and Malia. "What is that? What are you doing?" He demands, seeing the security guards with a jug of gasoline.

"It's gasoline. Haigh says we gotta burn you," The guard says before dumping the liquid over the supernaturals. Scott tries to get up but the guard kicks him back down. The man kneels down smirking as he brings out his lighter. 

Suddenly, the music stops and Scott's strength returns to him. He grabs the guard's hand, extinguishing the flame and breaking his wrist.

Appearing from nowhere, Lexi, Derek, and Braeden rush in. The security guards run forward and the three move into action. Derek and Braeden get one each, and Lexi is stuck with two.

She kicks the first man and punches the second in the face. The man groans as Lexi sweeps him off his feet and throws him down. She turns back to the other man and pins him to the locker. "You should know not to mess with my pack." She growls, eyes glowing red in anger.

Unexpectedly, someone's arms snake around Lexi's neck, cutting off her air supply. "You should know better than to go against us, Adams." The man snarls as Lexi claws at his arms.

The other man smirks and grabs her legs. She kicks out, making it hard for them to keep a good hold on her. "De-Derek!" She screams, trying to breathe.

Derek looks over from his own fight, anger fueling him at the scene before him. "Lexi!" He growls protectively.

Before he can do anything, his attacker pushes him to the ground, boot on his neck. Lexi, seeing this, throws her elbow into one man's gut. He drops his arms around her neck, and she gasps in a puff of air before wrapping her legs around the other man's neck. She pulls and flips him over, landing with her sitting on his back.

She jumps up, using magic to knock them out. She runs over to the man on Derek and slams him into the lockers. Her eyes burn red as she lets out a battle cry that turns into a roar. Her hand wraps around his neck, cutting off his air. He ceases his movement when he feels her claws digging in. "Stop!" He pleads, trying to intake air.

Lexi roars in response, her eyes somehow glowing more. "Lexi!" Scott yells, seeing her about to kill the man.

"Lexi! Lexi, look at me!" Derek calls out, laying his hand on her shoulder. She only glances at him, but she still hesitates. "Don't kill him."

"He hurt you." She pants, anger clear in her voice.

"But I'm right here. I'm not dead, I'm right beside you." Derek reasons. Her eyes meet his before hers turn back to her regular blue.

"You're lucky." Lexi hisses before knocking the man unconscious. "Next time, I won't hesitate."

"I know," Derek says even though he knows she wasn't talking to him. She finally looks up and sees him, really sees him.

"I thought he was going to kill you." She breathes, leaning her head against his chest. His arms snake behind her, and he pulls her closer.

"I thought they were gonna do something worse to you." He admits so quietly that only she could hear him.

"What happened to the gun?" Scott asks, drawing their attention to him.

"You're covered in gasoline." They state at the same time.

"Oh, yeah," Scott mumbles as they both make their way towards the supernaturals. Derek helps Scott up as Lexi extends a hand towards Malia. Malia looks at the hand hesitantly, causing Lexi to sigh.

"Yes, I knew. I was asked not to tell you, but I wanted you to know, Malia. I truly did." Lexi tells her. "But once you find your father... It won't be long until you find your mother."

"You know my mother?" Malia demands, taking Lexi's hand.

"Yes, and trust me when I say that you never want to meet her," Lexi says darkly, remembering the broken were-coyote that came to her and Talia years ago.

So, Dexi is in full swing. They're adorable. And protective. And angry as hell. Hope you enjoyed!