1 | Awake

The land before Pearl River is quiet. Klaus stands next to a large truck, leaning his back against it. Hope coos in her basket, looking other father for help. Two blondes are unconscious in the back of the truck. The elder, Freya, is splayed across the car haphazardly. The younger, Lexi Mikaelson, had been gently placed to the side, the golden dagger glistening from its spot in her chest.

"You're quiet." Dahlia notices as she puts down the vial of salt. "Are you having misgivings?"

"I was just looking for a polite way to ask what the hell is taking so long," Klaus says.

"Well, we can begin now," Dahlia states, turning to him. "Once we're linked, I'll no longer have to sleep for 100 years again. Your concerns for my status will ease, and I will finally be able to focus on Hope." She glances at the cooing baby next to Lexi's desiccated body and Freya's sleeping one. "I will only need a single drop of her blood, and then her power shall be mine, also."

"What do you want to do about Freya and Lexi?" Klaus asks.

"Freya has served her purpose. So tonight, at the moon's apex, I will end her life, and once our link is severed, the bond that I share with your daughter will become permanent."

"What about Lexi?" Klaus repeats, worried for his sister.

"I am not done with her yet. I am feeding off her power. Every second she stays dead, I absorb more and more of the power residing in her." Dahlia smirks. "With that power, I will be able to make the bond unbreakable between me and your daughter."

"Best get on with it then." Klaus sends his aunt a willing smile before glancing back at the younger blonde with a guilty expression.

Both of them walk up to the alter and Dahlia reaches for Klaus' hand. He willingly gives her what she needs and she starts to chant.

Hope starts to cry but neither the hybrid nor the witch is distracted. On the altar, two pools of blood start to drip over their respective cups and trickle towards each other. The respective blood lines touch and Klaus grunts in pain before panting, having felt the bond cement between himself and his aunt.

Dahlia laughs slightly as Klaus slowly walks back towards his sisters and daughter. "Oh, with your strength, I will never need to sleep for a century again." Dahlia sighs.

"Well, perhaps one more nap," Klaus says. Dahlia turns to him confused. He pulls out the dagger from Lexi's heart and shoves it into his own.

Dahlia gasps and reaches forward but it's too late. She grasps at her chest as both supernaturals fall to the ground. Hope cries as Freya gasps awake.

Back in the compound, Elijah is still trying to understand what Camille is saying. "Why would Klaus want to link himself to Dahlia?"

"When he got into my head, all he said was that he needed time to find the right ingredients to kill her," Cami repeats, sighing and referring to when he bit her neck.

Gasps tear through the room. The seven bodies that had dropped when Lexi was daggered start to sit up in confusion. "That was weird," Cami mutters.

Those with supernatural hearing look over to see the two. Elijah stomps over and grabs Derek by the shirt and pulls him up. "Where are they?!" He demands.

"What? Where are who?" Derek asks, still disorientated.

"Klaus and Dahlia!"

"Together, dumbass," Peter mutters.

"Yeah, that isn't my first question." Malia groans.

"Elijah, they dropped before Klaus left," Cami tells him.

Panicked, Derek's eyes scan the room. "Where's Lexi?" He questions.

Cami goes silent. "Alexis is still gone," Elijah grumbles.

"No, she came back and tried to beat Dahlia. Where is she?!" Derek practically yells in the Original's face.

"She came here?" Elijah asks.

"Yes, and she fought Klaus," Derek tells the Original. "And she lost. He shoved that damn dagger in her chest, Elijah. So where the hell is she?!"

"He what?!" Elijah roars, releasing Derek.

"You can have a go at him after me," Derek growls. Nothing is going to stop him from ripping apart Niklaus Mikaelson.

"We have to find her," Elijah says, his mind already coming up with worst-case scenarios.

"You're awesome, dude." Stiles laughs from his spot on the ground. Elijah turns to him with a very confused expression. "The way you do everything? Gah, it's just amazing."

"Are you serious?" Scott hisses, nudging his friend.

"What? Do you not remember the way he slapped Trevor's head off his body?" Stiles' eyes light up with excitement.

"What did you say?" Elijah questions seriously.

"Trevor. You killed him." Stiles replies without fear.

"How do you know that? You were not there. Alexis didn't even know you." Elijah points out.

"About that..." Lydia mumbles.

"Dahlia did something." Kira sighs.

"We saw other things," Peter admits.

"Of course." Elijah scoffs. He walks back over to the fountain where Gia is covered with a white cloth.

"I am sorry about your friend," Cami says after a few minutes of Elijah playing with his phone.

"Are you?" Elijah whispers.

"I'm not condoning Klaus' actions. I'm trying to help you." Cami tells him. "All I know is Klaus will do whatever he has to—"

"Klaus will do whatever he has to do for Klaus!" Elijah yells. "Hayley is not answering her phone. Now, what has he done?!"

"Hey!" A new voice yells. Rebekah and Marcel walk in and Elijah's eyes widen at Rebekah's body: her original one. "Don't blame the messenger."

"Rebekah," Elijah breathes. Rebekah's eyes float to the frozen group at the side. Her expression softens at the sight of them.

"Looks like Niklaus had a lot on his to-do list last night, and as for Hayley..." She looks back at Marcel.

"What is it?" Derek asks.

"When Klaus attacked me, he stole the spell that I used on the Crescent wolves," Marcel admits.

"So he would condemn her to the body of a beast?" Elijah asks shakily.

"Elijah, listen to me." Rebekah holds him back. "Hayley will be human once a month. We will find her and we will help her."

"No--" Elijah tries to move but Rebekah restrains him.

"We need to focus on those who need saving today," Rebekah says softly. "Freya called. Dahlia is incapacitated. Lexi is unconscious." She smiles slightly as Derek lets out a sigh of relief. "They are two hours north at Orchard near Pearl River. She has Hope." Elijah speeds away and Rebekah turns to the others. "I see you remember me."

"Yeah, we do," Scott says softly.

Rebekah's eyes drift to the Hales, sympathy filling them. "I told you she cared."

HEY! Everyone's awake now. How did you like it? Hope you enjoyed!