22 | Find Happiness

"You really let him have the loft?" Lexi scoffs as she and Derek walk along the coast, holding hands.

"As you said, he deserved it." Derek shrugs. "He wanted it for his first date with Kira, and I said yes."

"I really hope I don't get back to smell Scott everywhere." Lexi shivers playfully. "I'll need to disinfect the entire place."

"I'll help." Derek laughs before they come to a stop. Derek's expression turns serious as he makes Lexi look him in the eyes. "I don't know how much more time I have left with you," he admits.

"You'll have years and years. I promise," she tells him, cupping his face. "I will not let you die."

"A banshee scream indicates a death. And, I doubt it's you." Derek shakes his head. 

"Derek—"

"No, I want to say this, even though you know I'm not good at talking through feelings." He demands. "I need to in case I do die." She opens her mouth, but he continues talking. "I love you, ok? I love everything about you. Every flaw, every feature, every part of you, I love. I love the way your nose crinkles when you laugh. I love the way you frown when you concentrate on something. And I love the way you love me. 

"We lost so many years because of Mikael and Kate, but I don't care. I don't care because in the short time I have been with you since New Orleans, we have lived our own life together. We've both almost died a few times, we've had happy and sad moments. But I can't die without letting you know that I forgive you for taking away my memories.

"I know you still blame yourself and that- that's fine. But you need to know that I don't. I don't blame you for keeping me safe when you thought it was the only thing to do. I don't blame you because it doesn't matter. I remember everything we went through, and I love you even more. Every time we met, I fell in love with you all over again, even if I couldn't admit it. You are the love of my life, Lexi. And that is why I need you to do something.

"When I die, I need you to move on. The thing that keeps me going is knowing that you are happy. And if you stay hung up on me, knowing you, you would take decades to be able to even think about someone else romantically. And that... That would cause you so much unhappiness that it would kill me all over again. So promise me. Promise me that you will be happy, no matter what happens with Kate and anything else that's coming. Promise me you will find happiness."

Tears are pouring down Lexi's face, his words forever implanting themselves into her mind. When she tries to speak, she can't. Her eyes can't move from Derek's, and all she wants to do is stay with him. "I promise..." She starts out quietly. "That I will be happy." She licks her lips. "But you will not die, do you understand me? You and I are going to be my happiness. Because I will not lose you. Not again, alright?" She begs, her voice cracking.

"But, Lexi—" She cuts I'm off with a searing kiss. She lets him feel how scared she really is and how much she believes in him through the kiss. The moment they break apart, she leans her forehead against his, even though she has to stay on her tip toes for longer.

"You are going to live," she tells him softly. "I swear it."

—|—|—|—

"It was supposed to be a date." Derek sighs as Stiles and the sheriff burst into his destroyed loft. Lexi stands up from squatting next to a pool of blood and faces the boys.

"They were both here?" The sheriff asks.

"And they are both gone," Lexi tells them solemnly. Her head starts to hurt, but she ignores it, only squeezing Derek's hand tighter.

Stiles' phone rings and he instantly answers. "Hey."

"Scott's been taken." Lydia's voice comes through as Lexi's headache gets worse. Derek looks down at her, feeling her tight grip get even tighter

"Scott and Kira. We just don't know where." Stiles says.

"Mexico." Lexi realizes as Deaton says it through the phone. "Kate took them to Mexico." Her headache leaves her and she relaxes, letting out a long breath. "We're going to get them back."

GUYS!! IM CRYING!! DEREK MAY BE A MAN OF LITTLE WORDS BUT HE'S A BEAUTIFUL SPEAKER!! Hope you enjoyed!