Chapter 30

Alexander drove into the carpack taking a spot, he looked at her and she smiled back at him before they got out. He took her hand in his as they approached the ivory building. Anabella watched him as he walked with determination in his eyes, he was really going to report Destiny for all she has done. Anabella felt a little prick of happiness when she felt Destiny would stop harassing them.

They walked in and a policeman approached them, he fit the general mold of a policeman. Tall, fit and a bit scary. He looked them up and down before he spoke,

"Can I help you?" he asked

"We'd like to make a report" Alexander replied quickly, still looking determined,

"This way" he said taking them into a room with just a table and chairs. The room was small and hot but Anabella didn't care she was too glad they were there.

Alexander went through all the events. He even showed the officer the pictures Anabella was quiet for the most part. Just chiming in when Alexander was missing a detail. It was getting down to the end when he also added when Anabella slapped Destiny. The officer chuckled as she smiled awkwardly,

"I'd never expect you to be the type who is rough" he said with his eyes draping down her body. His comment was flirty but Anabella ignored it. Alexander didn't, she saw his jaw tighten in the corner of her eye as the man continued to take down their information.

"Whats your name?" he asked looking at her,

"Anabella Carter" she replied and the man let out a deep throated laugh. His voice boomed in the small room as he laughed in delight. They gave each other a side glance before turning their gaze back to him. His laughter died down before he spoke,

"And you're reporting Destiny Hinkson?" he asked with a chuckle,

"Yes" they said,

"Well that's something, cause she was just in here a day ago reporting you for assault" he said focusing on Anabella. Anabella froze feeling her anger flowing through her body. Destiny was doing everything she could to get between them.

It's like this bitch wants me to hurt her.

Anabella thought as her face pinched, Alexander could see how angry she was. Anytime Destiny was mentioned an uncontrollable anger took over Anabella,

"She put on a real show in here. Face bruised and arms scratched, you sure did a lot of damage"

"That's a lie all she did was slap her" Alexander spoke up and the officer nodded, taking note of what he said,

"I actually believed her, but now that I'm hearing your story I think she's lying, but," he said with a pause looking at Anabella who was particularly quiet, "I think its best you keep your distance from her".

They left the station quietly, Anabella hung her head as she stepped into his car. She hadn't spoken a word since the officer told her about Destiny. Alexander looked at her as he could see her thoughts going through her mind. They planned for this to go well but it didn't go as they expected. Alexander's jaw clinked as he thought about Destiny lying to the police. She really had a problem and now he had to deal with her for the rest of his life if she is infact pregnant.

As he started the car, he heard Anabella's phone vibrating. He pushed it closer to her and she took it. He was about to pull out when she opened the message. It was from Lynn. 'Code Red' it read. Anabella and Lynn worked out a system, there were different codes for different things. White meant one of them was on a date that was going bad and needed a phone call, yellow meant they needed to be covered for because they were going by a guy's house and so on. But red, red was the worse, they never used red before because it meant danger.

"Stop!" Anabella shouted causing Alexander to smash the brakes. The car slid and he looked at her from the wheel, "I need to get to Lynn now" she demanded. He nodded turning the wheel quickly, he didn't know what the problem was but from her tone, he knew it was an emergency. He sped along the west coast of the island coming quickly to the hotel. They hopped out and ran inside.

Anabella ran from the elevator with the sound of her heart pounding against her chest, she didn't know what to expect, she didn't know if Lynn was in danger, but the cold feeling she had in her body scared her the most. She pushed the door open with him following her,

"LYNN!" her voice sounded as she entered, they made their way into the living room of the penthouse and found Michael sitting with a perplexed look on his face, "Where's Lynn?" he just pointed to the bedroom. Anabella looked at Alexander, with fear in her eyes, she bit the inside of her bottom lip before going into the bedroom.

Alexander remained with Michael who looked like he was thinking about a lot, he didn't know him but he couldn't resist asking a question,

"Uh- Are you okay?" he asked and Michael looked up with a slanted smile,

"I guess, I'm not sure" he replied, "You must be Alexander" he said and Alexander nodded his response, he smiled brightly.

Anabella stood in behind a closed door looking at Lynn who sat on the bed,

"Lynn? Whats wrong I got the code red"

Lynn smiled, she looked extremely happy, she looked like she was crying, but the tears which pooled in her eyes didn't look sad at all.

"Nothing is wrong" she replied with a cheery smile "I'm sorry if I scared you but I needed you to be here" she went up to Anabella with a grin plastered across her face grabbing her hand dragging her as she usually did.

Alexander heard the bedroom door swing open with a creak and Anabella and Lynn came into view, she walked over to Michael who stood, giving her a hug and a kiss. Anabella stood by Alexander's side confused, they just watched the couple before them awkwardly,

"So is someone gonna say something?" Anabella spoke impatiently,

"Sorry, uh-I, no I mean we have an announcement" Lynn said looking at Michael, Alexander and Anabella waited in suspense,

"We're pregnant!"

Hey, I'm finally back, this week been an entire mess, I swear I haven't slept good in days but I finally got around to this chapter. So this chapter will be the last until my exams are over I hope you guys are enjoying the book so far and trust me as soon as my exams are finished I'll be back.

~Maya