Chapter 6

The rest of the week was uneventful, Lynn and Anabella spent Thursday getting manicures and pedicures while Alexander followed them once again. He spent the rest of his time at hotel overseeing the setup for the party.

The night had finally come and everything was in place, Anabella sat on her bed wrapped in a fluffy white towel with her hair plait in cornrows, she usually wore her own hair but Lynn convinced her a blonde bob would look extremely sexy in that dress. She heard music booming as Lynn bounced into her room,

"ALL THE SINGLE LADIES" Lynn sang as she danced through the door, Anabella joined her in a wild dance around the room. As the song came to an end and another began Lynn started on her makeup and her curly frontal, Anabella fetched their dresses from their walk-in closet and placed them on the bed, returning into the closet taking her seat in front of the large white vanity turning up the lights with the dimmer.

Anabella got started on her makeup, she decided to go with a glossy lid with a dramatic red lipstick, which would stand out brightly on her skin tone. They were on time for once, but they got caught up doing their makeup and hair they had 5 minutes to get there and neither of them were dressed.

"How the hell did we take 2 hours doing hair and makeup??" Anabella asked checking her hair in the mirror,

"Doesn't make sense rushing now" Lynn shrugged spraying Anabella's face with setting spray,

"Come on! We gotta go" she dropped the towel and rushed over to the dresses in a red thong, pulling it over her curves quickly,

"If you tear that dress I gine kill you. We already late" Lynn tried calming her.

***

Hundreds of cars pulled up to the elegant White Pearl Hotel, with a well-lit walkway and the valet got rid of the cars quickly as they arrived. Most of the Carter family was there, Thomas, Carrie and Anabella's parents arrived together. Andrew didn't plan on coming, hours before he laid in his bed when Carrie turned up at his house with a suit with the notion of 'I had a feeling', she knew he wouldn't want to come but she knew her son longer than he even knew himself.

"You look really nice in your suit" Carrie commented on the dark blue suit that she bought for him,

"Thank you" he said through gritted teeth,

"Relax darling, this place is beautiful" Margaret said in amazement looking up to the crystal chandelier, "Maybe after the whole merge we can go on vacation" she suggests trying to take the end off,

"Maybe" he plainly says before looking around "Where is Anabella? That girl can't be early one day of her life?" he huffed taking a glass of wine from a passing waiter's tray.

As they swayed to the music Carrie eased away to find Mabel standing with her grandson,

"Mabel there you are"

"Carrie I didn't even know you were here already. You remember Alexander?"

"How could I forget such a handsome young man" the sassy lady replied eyeing Alexander, who recognized her from his younger years,

"It's great to see you" he greeted her giving a friendly hug,

"I would love for you to meet my granddaughter Anabella but she isn't here yet" Carrie said looking at him when all of the photographers rushed towards the door.

She had arrived.

Anabella stepped out of her Jeep with Lynn getting out to join her, between the frenzied crowd he spotted her, a shimmery red dress with a plunging neck line it showed off her ample breasts, with a shoulder length blonde bob framing her face. Her shorter friend came around next to her in a white laced top dress with a large curly afro and a similar dazzle about her but his eyes were on Anabella.