Chapter 1

The sound of her heels echoed down the hallway, her long strides quickened as she drew closer to the door. Anabella's well-manicured hands wrapped around the knobs of the exquisite white doors and she threw them open making her entrance as usual,
"I'm here!" her joyous tones erupted through the room, as she beamed at him,
"You're late" he replied, and he gave her the same smile before his face returned to a flat stern look,
"Peter, I'm earlier compared to last time" she soothed rubbing his broad shoulders,
"Hair and makeup. Now." He stated walking off to continue setting up.
Anabella was known to be terrible with time, she never arrived to anything on time, even her own birth. She was born 9 days after the expected date, leaving her mother Margaret, in excruciating labor pains. Anabella was a princess in her own right, daughter of Andrew Carter, the owner of the Crown Majesty Resort and Spa. She lived a fabulous life, she was the face of her father's hotel and his prized child.
She took a seat in the makeup chair while Sarah worked her magic, she didn't have much to do since it was an ad campaign for the hotel's spa. The look was subtle and dewy to resemble the look you had after being in the sauna. She gave herself a glance over in the vanity mirror situated in front of her.
"Damn. I am glowing" she said examining her face closure while Sarah smiled over her shoulder. "Thank you" she continued before she glanced up to see Peter approaching. Peter's platinum blonde hair blew in the artificial wind from the fans as he got closer, his piercing blue eyes locked on her and she whirled around to face him,
"Why you gotta always look so grouchy?" she smiled at him and he rolled his eyes,
"I don't have all day for this. Come on Ana, your shoots are taking longer and longer" he hissed,
"I see someone still hasn't recovered from their break up" she whispered to Sarah as she made her way on set causing Sarah to chuckle. Peter was the best photographer Ana had ever worked with but with his recent breakup, he was a bit edgier than usual. His boyfriend of 2 years decided it was time to end it when he found a new guy on a trip to England.
He was her fourth photographer, her father told her if she didn't get along with this one he would have to fire her. Sounds harsh that daddy dearest would fire his own daughter, but even if he wanted to fire her, he couldn't. Andrew Carter was a rigid father and employer, he took over the hotel from his mother and she insisted her grandchildren play a vital role in the running of the hotel since that's where they grew up. Thomas followed in his father's footsteps in the managerial role while his free-spirited older sister became the face of the hotel. When you heard Crown Majesty Resort and Spa, you heard Anabella Carter.
Anabelle lived a perfect life in her perfect little bubble.
Or so she thought.
She finished up the shoot and made her way to her favorite restaurant in the hotel to meet up with her best friend Lynn. Lynn and Anabella were best friends from primary school, they knew everything there was to know about the other. She strutted through the hotel in a teal oversized hoodie, black leggings and a pair of red Cloudfoam Adidas.
"Hey, Ana!" Lynn shouted when she saw her enter the restaurant.
Lynn was much shorter than her friend, she stood at a tiny 5'4, she had smooth skin and hair was natural but she usually wore lace fronts, Lynn was just as much as a celeb as Ana, her nude photo shoots got her a lot of attention and she loved it. Ana loved her best friend which pissed her father off. He thought Lynn was a bad influence on her and bad for business.
Always business.
Andrew always tried to rule his children but his wife always told him,
"The more you push the further they will go" Margaret, the mother of two and a very down to earth woman would say.
The pair collected their sushi platters from the hotel and descended onto the beachfront area, the hotel was a beacon on the west coast of the island of Barbados. The hotel was full of activity but Ana didn't mind. New faces. New people. New interactions. And all she had to do was take a few pictures with the crowds and everything would be perfect.
Everything seemed perfect that sunny summer afternoon but little did Ana know her future was being planned at that very moment.
***
Carrie Carter, the sweetest granny Ana could ask for was doing a bit of meddling in her unsuspecting grand daughter's life. You see Carrie and her oldest friend Mabel Hunter had a dream as kids that was fulfilled at that present day. The two both had a dream of opening a hotel together, but as they got older their paths seemed to go farther apart, they both got their wish to open a hotel, but it wasn't together.
"Mabel!"
"Gosh darn Carrie, I'm right here"
"Well, I know you gine deaf I'm just making sure you hear me." Carrie replied as her long-time friend chuckled, outstretching her arms for a hug.
Since they both opened their hotels they hardly saw each other but now in their years of retirement, they spent all the time they had together. The sixty-year-olds tittered along making their way to the gazebo in the back of Mabel's house for tea.
"How's that son of yours" the silver-haired Mabel asked, bringing her cup away from her lips,
"Andrew is fine, a complete monster to the employees but that's normal" she sipped her steaming hot peppermint tea, before looking at the worried Mabel. Mabel's son Victor Sr. had Tuberculosis he was fighting but took a turn for the worst 3 months ago. He told his mother not to worry about the hotel since his son was doing an excellent job as the manager but she still worried, and he would always pop in when he could.
"Victor has always been a fighter, he'll make it through" she said taking Mabel's hand giving her a reassuring squeeze.
"I know, but Victor is young I never would think my son would leave this earth before me" she replied wiping the tears which filled her shaky eyes. "And Junior shouldn't be forced to take on such a role at his age, he's 23, he should be out chasing girls, getting a wife and getting me some great-grandchildren" she said with a hearty chuckle.
"Sounds like Ana and Thomas, Thomas hasn't had a steady girlfriend in forever and Ana? That girl just always busy" they chuckled thinking about their families than the two shared a look and they both knew what the other was thinking,
"What if we set them up?" Carrie said,
"I mean they both are young, and that Anabella always been a beautiful girl" Mabel continued, her thoughts floated to the striking 5'7 model, with her thick curly hair,
"And that Victor could make me sin" Carrie winked at Mabel, Mabel swatted her friends arm while taking a slice of sweet bread,
"This would all work but how are we going to get them together?"
"True, they'll probably say they have work" the elderly ladies hopes disappeared just as fast as they came to them.
They became silent enjoying the ambiance of the Lower Carlton residence. Mabel lived alone, only her maids and chef lived with her, she hardly saw Victor or his wife Valerie and her grandson was a whole different story.
Victor Jr. was the sweetest little boy as when he was growing up, but as he got older he had a wild side which spending most of his time in a hotel where new girls show up every day was a problem. At 16 they caught Victor having sex with a guest, his mischievous smile that night worried his father that he wouldn't change but, Victor made a turn no one saw coming, he became quiet, all his wild acts came to an abrupt halt and they didn't know why.
They didn't care, for whatever happened to Victor Jr. it changed him into a suit-wearing, respectable young man.
"I GOT IT!" Carrie exclaimed filling the soothing silence. "I know exactly how to get them together".
Mabel gave Carrie a wary glance, as her face was grinning with devilment. Mabel was the timid one, but once she and Carrie got together there was no limit as to what the two could get up to.
"We will merge the hotels!" Carrie exclaimed as the clocks in her head twisted and turned with her plan falling into place,
"WHAT!" Mabel asked,
"Come on, if we merge the hotels, Barbados' hotel industry would be shaken up, the two top rating hotels merge? And that way then Ana and Victor are forced together. It's perfect." Her face lit up as she finished,
"Isn't that a bit eccentric? Why can't we plan a dinner or something" Mabel reasoned,
"No, it would just be a onetime meeting nothing like the news of the hotels joining" Carrie gave Mabel a warm smile, "That way if anything happens to Victor you have the assurance nothing would happen to your hotel" Carrie continued trying to seal the deal.
Mabel shook her head lightly going over the whole plan, "I would have to think about it" she replied not giving Carrie the definite yes she wanted but close enough.