Chapter 3

Alexander sat in the conference room thinking of the bizarre plan his father had given him, he knew his father feared the hotel would go down if he died, but he was in control now he saw no reason for him to worry anymore.

He stretched across the table to pick up the photo his father had of her, her skin shimmered lightly in the shot as her eyes stared into his soul,

"Anabella Carter" he whispered to no one but himself, she was a beautiful girl but Alexander swore he would never get involved with another woman after what happened. He loved women, he just didn't know if he could trust again. She took him when he was young and vulnerable when the world didn't make much sense but he intended on enjoying his life. Now, he couldn't see a female without wondering what plot she was going to drag him into. He sighed as he continued to sieve through her pictures the more he looked at them, the more he thought about how this plan would work.

He sat quietly looking at the Carter's family picture, in this picture Anabella looked stunning even with the orange Santa hat and the goofy face she was making. He felt his lips perk up into a smile just before the door busted open.

"I was looking for you every since" his only friend Jeremy stated when he came through the door, Jeremy and Alexander became friends after the incident. Alexander owed his life to Jeremy because if he didn't help him get out of that place he wouldn't be alive today.

"You know you could ask anyone and they would've told you where I was" Alexander shrugged gathering the scattered pictures,

"Nah. You know I hate asking these fancy people for any help. They act like I'm begging" Jeremy said, wrinkling up his face. Jeremy was an orphan, his parents died when he was very young and he grew up with his grandmother, but she died when he was 13 leaving him alone once again. He got caught up in gangs but really didn't want to kill anyone, at the age 17 he met Alexander, he was bruised, bloody and a white boy, the woman who took him was trying to use him as bait to get at his father but his father just laughed at her. After 2 days of watching Alexander be tortured he let him go, almost risking his own life. From that day they remained friends.

Alexander tried to grab the last picture of her but Jeremy grabbed it first,

"Anabella Carter" he slurred smirking at Alexander,

"You know her?" he snatched the picture from him,

"Who doesn't know her? You live under a rock? She's one of the most beautiful women on this island" he pointed out and Alexander laughed at the expression on his face,

"She's okay" Alexander said pushing the photo in the file,

"Fam I gotta question you taste in women cause she better than okay. Why you got so much pics of her anyway?" Jeremy asked pointing to 3 more pictures on the floor,

"Just Gran come up with this idea to merge Crown Majesty and our hotel but my father wants me to make her fall madly in love with me so we can steal the hotel from them" they paused before bursting out in laughter,

"Victor is a sick nigga. Like that nigga dying and still doing weird shit?" Jeremy asked pulling open the door and they left the conference room. They strolled through the hotel coming to the office,

"Yea it's messed up but how bad could it be being with a beautiful woman like her" Alexander stated making his way to his office. The glass door swung open as he saw his familiar office,

"You lucky you my boy cause if not I would be taking her" Alexander laughed while Jeremy grabbed 2 beers from his fridge.

***

It was a sunny Tuesday afternoon an Anabella rolled in her queen sized bed in the penthouse suite of the hotel. She pulled the covers over her head as the rays of sun danced across her cheek. She lived with Lynn and whatever guy she felt like having over that night.

"Ana! WAKE UP!" she heard her best friend's familiar voice, usually she would ignore any screaming of names because Lynn really didn't understand the concept of quiet sex, everyone had to know she was having sex and the name of whoever was taking her to new heights. Ana groaned, she rolled slightly in the cozy bed but didn't get up.

Ana heard her door swing open, "Girl I said get up we got shit to do" Lynn voiced as she entered the room,

"Ughhhhh what do you want?" She pulled the sheet tighter to her body forming a human cocoon,

"Don't make me drag you" she threatened grabbing Ana's ankles and Ana sat up to look at her, Lynn wore a white robe with a matching all black lingerie set. "That's better" she smiled from the bottom of the bed with a letter in her hand.

"What's that?" she asked as Lynn climbed into her bed,

"Ok so it says that they are merging this hotel and The White Pearl" Lynn explained to the sleepy Ana, whose face pinched together in confusion,

"Really? That's all? You woke me up for that?" she questioned dropping back onto the bed, pulling the covers over her again.

"And there is going to be a massive party on Friday at the White Pearl hotel." Lynn whispered as she laid on top of Ana. Her face perked up into a cute smile from under the sheets, she loved partying and especially hotel related parties. They were always huge, with the most delicious food, there wasn't anything like a hotel party they even gave you gifts. The last party Anabella and Lynn went to they both got rose gold chokers and Fendi sunglasses.

"And guess who's grandmother sent her a cheque to get an outfit" Lynn finished getting Anabella's full attention,

"She did what?" she asked getting up to see Lynn waving the cheque in her face, she took the check and the note from her 'Anabella here is a little extra, treat yourself and buy a new dress for the party - Mama'. Anabella found it strange that her grandmother would send her a cheque for clothes when she had a ton of them. Her grandmother would always stop by to talk to her to make sure everything was going perfect with promoting the hotel and just to spend time with her but this was a little strange.

"Hmmmm sounds fishy" Ana said rereading the note,

"Wait! Someone just gave you $5000 and you're questioning it? Give it to me then" Lynn lunged forward and Ana held it over the side of the bed,

"I didn't say I don't want it. We can share it"

"Share? Your granny sent me a cheque too" Lynn grinned at her, and Ana's jaw dropped,

"Bitch! Get out" she threated Lynn playfully with a pillow and she jumped off the bed laughing.

The sound of running water got Ana's attention.

She looked around awkwardly trying to locate where the sound was coming from, no doubt Lynn was calm about them not being alone. When Anabella realized what the sound was from she rolled her eyes and gave Lynn a despicable look.

"What? A bitch got needs" Lynn shrugged before leaving "Go get ready!" she shouted from down the hall.

***

Anabella took a shower and got ready to go shopping with Lynn, when she walked out of her room and was greeted by a tall dark guy with a towel wrapped around his waist. His back muscles rippled as he walked to Lynn's room, he looked back at her giving a panty-dropping smile. His dark chocolate skin was covered in water droplets,

"His name is Michael. He's a construction worker. I was his little jackhammer last night" Lynn winked at Anabella as she came out of the bathroom behind him. Ana giggled but she always wondered how Lynn could be so carefree about who she slept with.

"I like how you told me go get ready and you aren't even ready"

"Michael was helping me with something" she grinned as she sauntered off.

"I'll meet you downstairs" she said before grabbing her keys and left.

Author's Note:

Hey guys again, I just got 100 followers yayyy * mini celebration* so for 100 followers, 2 chapter will be going up 1 for Daddy's New Associate (DNA) and the other for Love Journey (LJ) . Be sure to check out both.

~Maya