Chapter 4

Anabella walked out of her door into the dazzling 5 star hotel with the fresh aroma of lavender. Her hair was in a high puff and she just wore a shimmery lipgloss, she sported a peach joggers and an olive green spaghetti strap with 'Mami' written across the front in big block letters.

When Ana wasn't in front of the camera she dressed pretty simple but she always looked good. She greeted the maids for her floor before going to the glass elevator, she pressed the button and waited for it to arrive as she took a selfie. When the elevator doors opened with a *ping* , she saw 2 figures behind her raised phone.

Her father and her brother.

The two men stopped their conversation to look at her,

"Well if it isn't my daughter I hardly see" the robust man greeted not so pleasantly and Ana rolled her eyes,

"Hi daddy" she said stepping in hitting the ground floor button,

"Ana, did you hear about the merge?" Thomas asked excitingly, her skinny brother was always trying to impress their father but Anabella preferred when he used to just chill with her. The last few years their relationship grew apart but whenever they got the chance he would lighten up.

"Yea I think it's good for business, Mama sent me a cheque to go buy an outfit that's where I'm going now" Thomas nodded but her father sucked his teeth loudly,

"She back encouraging you in foolishness and this merge is a stupid idea. She's just trying to hold on to any bit of control she has over this hotel" her father aired his views and Thomas and Ana shared side looks.

"Yuh know daddy maybe you should take a vacation, let Thomas run the hotel for a while. You and mum haven-"

"Shut up! You know nothing about your mother and I you're hardly ever around in the first place all you care about is looking pretty for the public but you don't lift a finger to help with this hotel" her father shouted and Ana was taken aback, she didn't say another word but her fury laid dormant as she took a deep breath.

The elevator doors finally opened and they couldn't open any faster, her father stormed off quickly disappearing around the corner,

"Thanks for that but don't do that" Thomas said looking at her,

"He needs to give you more recognition, you work really hard" they exited the elevator and continued talking in the lobby,

"Yea I don't expect him to ever give me the recognition I deserve but I see everything is going great on your end of the business" Thomas grinned at her awkwardly,

"Yea I-"

"Thomas!" their father shouted,

"Uh I gotta go" and Thomas ran off to his father, Ana stood alone shaking her head disapprovingly, her father lost control of her but Thomas was always going to be his pawn.

***

Lynn finally joined Anabella after 30 additional minutes in a black leotard and a high waist jeans, today's frontal was long and straight. She got in throwing her bag in the back seat of Anabella's Jeep Wrangler Sports S. Lynn's slicked back ponytail really brought out her strong features, she usually hid her face but when she didn't, it showed off her sharp bone structure and her dazzling brown eyes.

Lynn sighed a happy sigh as she batted her eyelashes at Anabella just taunting her to ask a question, she side eyed her,

"What wrong with you now?" she asked swinging the key and the jeep hummed lightly,