But every time you hurt me, the less that I cry.

Too Good At Goodbyes - Sam Smith

"Hi Mrs. Willows." I smile sheepishly at my old art teacher after giving her, "I was hoping I could maybe switch from being a TA this period for Mr. Sterling to your class." 

Mrs. Willows looks around at the empty classroom and frowns, "Honey I don't have a class this period." She answers regretfully and I sigh, just as I go to leave she stops me. "You know what, I could request for you to be a TA to help me this period for prep and clean up." She says thoughtfully as a smile breaks across my face. "Does this mean you're painting again?"

"I just started again a few days ago and it feels really good." I reply as I look down with a smile.

"Well I think this would be perfect then, we can work one on one." Mrs. Willows says with a wide grin.

"Seriously? That would be so amazing!" I gush before throwing my arms around her, "Thank you so much!!!"

"Let's get started, shall we?"

Mrs. Willows was amazing, she corrected my hold that had gotten lazy over the years and helped me tighten my strokes. Before I knew it the bell had rang and I was cleaning up my work space. "I'll see you tomorrow Mrs. Willows." I wave, she winks at me and I head out to the parking lot with the widest smile on my face.

Liam is drumming on my steering wheel blasting some hip hop shit as I approach the car, in the distance I see a figure and my blood runs cold when I realize it's Michael. He offers me a sick smile before I rush into the SUV for safety. Liam looks at me in concern, "What's wrong Sara?"

"Michael, he's right there watching us."

"There's no one there." He says as he squints and looks around, he gives me a sad look before pulling away. "Niall wants us to pick him up so he's present when you remove your things just in case." Liam adds and I nod, my eyes still on the spot where Michael stood.

Was he really there? Am I imagining things? Has he finally driven me off the deep end?

Liam is quiet with concern as we drive to Niall's office building, my eyes look out the windows scanning for any trace of the man that I hadn't thought about in months but am now consumed with. Niall meets us outside his work in a dark blue tux with the top few buttons undone and tie in his hands, his hair is wild from constantly running his hands through it in worry.

"Sara thinks she saw Michael at her school a few minutes ago." Liam tells Niall as he climbs in the back of the SUV, I look around avoiding their glances and Liam furrows his brows. "What?"

"I think I saw him last night around the house." They both look at me questioningly, "I'm not sure, it was dark and went I looked again he was gone." I add and Niall sighs.

"They filed to dispute the restraining order since you are technically family, this is why we need to get you out of there." Niall explains and my heart drops.

"Does Harry know?"

"No, he had enough on his plate when he left plus you should tell him when you finally let him fucking talk to you." Liam rants and I hand my head in defeat knowing that I should of allowed Harry to explain.

When we pull up to my house Vanessa's car is there but the front door is wide open, I quickly jump out worried for Roxy but Niall pulls me back and tells me to allow Liam to go first. The house is untouched and there are noises upstairs but I don't care, I just make a beeline for my room to find it completely trashed.

My new paintings are torn apart and broken on the floor, all except for the rose painting. The photo book of Harry and I was ripped up, littering the floor with his sparkling green eyes and perfect smile. But what was worse, Roxy was nowhere to be seen. 

"Roxy, come here girl!" I call out thinking she hid under the bed or in the closet but she was no where.

"She's not here, we need to get out of here Sara." Liam says taking my arm, I grab my one painting left before heading out.

There he stood, the man that I once gave my everything to standing with his arms crossed over his chest with a smug look on his face next to my sister. MY SISTER, the one person I thought I could trust after everything we've been through together.

My stomach felt sick, just the sight of him made me want to vomit. "Where is Roxy Vanessa?" I ask, my voice cool and even which is the opposite of how I'm feeling.

She looks down and chews her lip as Michael smiles sweetly at me, "Dogs are meant to be outside, not inside babygirl." He purrs.

He let her go, maybe I can find her.

"By now she could be miles away up on the freeway lying dead in a pool of her own puppy blood." He adds and my hands ball into fists wanting to beat his face in until he chokes on his own teeth. "You're her lawyer right?" His eyes go to Niall, Niall nods before stepping in front of me. "Then here you go." Michael sneers handing him a piece of paper. "Sara will go to school for accounting and she will come to work for our company or she won't see a dime of her inheritance. 

"Fuck your company and fuck my inheritance, I'm sick and fucking tired of you holding it over my head to play me like a God damn pawn. I'd rather live on the streets and beg for food then to see your faces again." I explode taking Vanessa completely by surprise, Michael just smiles at me and I go to walk out of the house that was never my home for the last time.

"Sara, it's our legacy." She whispers, her dull blue eyes search mine now bright and full of life.

"No, it's your legacy and as far as I'm concerned you can go fuck yourselves with it."