Can we be friends?

Friends - Justin Bieber with BloodPop

I woke in my bed as the late January sun shone through the window, how did I end up here? Last I remembered......

Oh shit.

I jolt up and look next to me, a breath of relief is let out seeing that I was alone in my bed other then Roxy sleeping at my feet. I look around the room and see Nathan asleep on the couch, I reach over and grab my phone to check the time. "Shit Nathan wake up!" I shout as I scramble around my room.

"Five more minutes-"

"No, we have to be at school in an half hour." I snap as I grab my uniform and rush into the bathroom, after tossing my hair into a messy bun and getting dressed in record time I walk back into my room to see Nathan and Roxy gone. My stomach drops but I hear him calling her in the backyard. 

"She was whining so I let her out." He says as he leads her back into my room.

"Thank you so much." I sigh in relief before kissing Roxy's head and putting her into her crate.

"I'm going to run to my brother's before school, I have an extra uniform there." Nathan says nervously as he scratches the back of his neck, it was then that I realized.

Oh shit, my car is at school.

"Um.. Do you think I could ride with you? I left my car at school yesterday." I plead sheepishly, Nathan smiles at me sweetly.

"Of course." He says with a wink. "We should get going, if we're quick enough we can grab something." He adds and I nod before following him out of the house and into his Mustang. His loud hiphop music blares through the speakers and I cringe at the tone, we definitely have a difference in opinion on music.

He speeds through town and before I know it we're pulling up to the familiar house. "I'll be a few minutes so you should come in and say hi to Liam." He says as he gets out, I quickly realize that he's not going to open my door and climb out. I guess I shouldn't compare him to Harry or Ian.

Nathan uses a key to open the door and let us in, he quickly slips past me to Liam's room as I walk towards the kitchen. I stop dead in my tracks when I see a back I know so well facing me, his hair is pulled back into a bun and he's wearing some plain pajama pants his mom had given him for Christmas slung low on his hips. I try to be quiet but after a few minutes of watching him a sneeze sneaks up on me.

"Sara?" Harry says after jumping and spinning around, his brows furrow and he sets down the coffee mug he had in his hands. "What are you doing here?" He asks as he walked towards me, his intent green gaze has me completely frozen.

"I-"

"Ready to go babe?" Nathan asks coming from behind Harry dressed in his uniform, Harry crosses his muscular inked arms over his bare chest as he narrows his eyes at Nathan and I. I look away from him and mumble yes before Nathan places his hand on the small of my back and leads me out to his car. "Are you alright?" He asks once we're outside, he cups my face gently as tears threaten to fall.

"Will it ever not hurt to see him?" I ask and his face drops.

"I don't know Sara, but I hope for your sake it does soon." He whispers and I offer him a soft smile. "Look if you aren't up for the party-"

"No Nathan, it's fine. He needs to see that I've moved on anyways." I sigh and he nods.

"For what it's worth, I am sorry for everything that happened."

"Thank you, we should get going." I suggest, Nathan unlocks the car for us to get into before pulling away towards school. 

"McDonald's breakfast or Starbucks?" He asks but I want both. 

McDonald's, they still have peppermint mochas." I reply and he nods before pulling up to the drive thru, He insists on paying for my coffee and breakfast sandwich. We pull up at school a few minutes later and make some light conversation while we eat.

"I have to ask, why didn't you leave last night?" 

Nathan sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "You had fallen to sleep and were having some kind of nightmare, once I put you in your bed it stopped but I was worried that you'd have another." He explains and I look down at my fingers.

"Thank you for staying." I whisper and he reaches over to take my hand. 

"Now I have a question." He says softly and I look up at him. "Who is Michael?" He asks, I don't know why but I felt so comfortable and safe.....

So I told him everything, I told him about the baby. I told him that my sister married, I told him about Michael's abuse and how Harry helped me get away from him. Nathan just listens as I talk, his thumb caresses the back of my hand supporting me as I tell him the story of my life. 

There is a silence after I finish talking, it's interrupted by the bell ringing. "We should go before we miss first period." Nathan says sighing before taking both of my hands in his hands. "Thank you for telling me Sara, I know it was hard but I'm really glad you feel like you can confide in me." Hey says softly and I smile at him. 

Maybe we be friends after all.