Hello Mr. Sterling

Fools Gold - One Direction

"Hi Sara, I'm Mr. Sterling. I'm so sorry for earlier." He says with a warm smile as he hold out his hand in greeting. I take it and shake gently while giving him a soft smile. I could immediately feel some kind of attraction between us and honestly it made me a little uneasy.

The rest of the class comes in as I take my seat next to Mr. Sterling's desk. Chloe and one of her followers just so happens to be in this class, she sneers at me as she walks by.

"Hello class, I'm Mr. Sterling. This is Sara Andrews who will be assisting me during class this year." He says greeting the class.

"Oh I'm sure she'll be assisting you." Chloe mutters causing the class to break out in laughter as they look at me. 

"So let's get to know one another shall we?" Mr. Sterling says ignoring Chloe which I am all too grateful for. He goes around the class one by one as they introduce themselves. Most of them seemed fine but Chloe and her little bitchette were annoying me already.

"What about you Mr. Sterling?" Chloe asks with her brow cocked. 

"Well what would you like to know Miss Evans?" He counters.

"How old are you?" She asks bluntly.

"I'm 27."

"Are you married?" Chloe adds.

"No I am not, not that it's any of your business though." He replies shortly causing me to chuckle which I immediately regret as Chloe's focus turns to me.

"What about Sara? Isn't she going to tell us something about herself?" She asks innocently.

"If she would like to." Mr. Sterling says looking at me as I chew my lips nervously.

"No need, I can tell you everything you need to know about your dear Miss Andrews." Chloe says smiling evilly. "You see Miss Andrews has a taste for older men, in fact her sophomore year she was dating the soccer coach and got him fired then she was in a terrible accident and she's never been the same since. Poor thing." She adds with feigned concern.

"Jesus Chloe would you shut the fuck up?" A blonde boy sneers at her. "You sound like your jealous." He adds causing the classroom to burst out in laughter.

"I would never be jealous of her." She snaps standing up and pointing at me.

"That's enough Miss Evans! While I disagree with Mr. St.James' delivery I have to agree with him, please take your seat and be quiet." Mr. Sterling bellows authoritatively.

Damn, that was hot. 

"Sara can you please pass these out?" He asks kindly as he hands me a stack of paper, I nod and take them before distributing them throughout the classroom.

"Thank you." I whisper as I hand the boy that stood up for me his paper.

"Hey no problem, I'm Nathan." He replies with a warm smile which I return as I feel Chloe's eyes burning into my back. I nod softly before returning to my seat as Mr. Sterling goes over the years lesson plan.

I begin to sort through the papers he had placed on my desk as he continues to address the class, every now and then I would look up to find Nathan's golden brown eyes gazing at me. After the first few times of catching him staring I mustered the courage to send him a soft smile which was met with a wide smile from him. 

He does have a beautiful smile.

The bell rings causing me to jump, the classroom clears out as I gather my things. "Sara?" Mr. Sterling asks gently as he rolls his chair over to me and places his hand on my knee. "Don't worry about anything Chloe said, she just made herself sound stupid and jealous ok?" He assures me and I nod silently knowing that he really has no clue as to what is really going on. "If you ever need anything, somewhere to escape or someone to talk to please don't hesitate ok? I know you were close with Miss Green and I hope that we can grow to be that close." He says hopefully before pausing and biting his lip. "If not closer." He adds and my uneasiness is now at an all time high but at the same time it makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

Jesus I'm fucked up.

"Thank you Mr. Sterling." I reply softly and give him a small smile before exiting the classroom. Once outside I lean back against the lockers and take a deep breath, being in that room was suffocating.

"Sara?" 

"Oh hey Nathan." I reply shyly.

"I'm sorry again for what Chloe said, you didn't deserve any of it." He assures me with a soft smile.

I do though.

"Thank you." I reply as I examine his features, he's shorter then most of the guys at the school but still has a good 5 inches on me. He's good looking but kind of pretty for a guy....

And not in a cool way.

"I'm having a party this weekend, maybe you'd like to come?" Nathan suggests.

He must be the new guy Em was talking about.

"Here's my number, think about it ok?" He says as he hands me a piece of paper and I nod in return before he runs off. I sigh as my phone vibrates in my pocket.

"You better be ready for me when you get home babygirl."

Tears stream down my face and I rush to the girls bathroom as I feel my salad about to make a reappearance. How can someone who used to bring me such comfort bring me such pain now? 

"Sara Andrews please report to the principal's office." The secretary's voice sounds over the loudspeaker. I wash my face and praise the fact that I skipped mascara today. As I walk across campus my thoughts race, was I in trouble? Was Vanessa ok? Did Michael hurt her?

If something happened to her it's my fault.
It's all my fault.

"Is everything alright Principal Johnson?" I ask with my voice full of worry as I walk into his office.

"Yes Sara, please shut the door and have a seat." He says, I do as told and settle into a chair in front of him. "This wasn't very appropriate to talk about in the coffee shop this morning, I know you've had a really hard time since the accident Sara. Losing your parents at the age of 16 is unthinkable."

That's not the only thing I lost.

"Miss Green told me that she felt you could use more help then the school could provide so we've brought in someone to hopefully help you through this difficult time." He explains and calls for the secretary to send someone in but I'm distracted.

They brought in a psychologist for me, that's how fucked up I am. 

"Miss Andrews this is Mr. Styles, your therapist." Principal Johnson says as a tall man enters the room and stands in font of me. He looks young, not older then 24. He's wearing a button up shirt with a few of the top buttons undone allowing his inked skin to show. His curly brown hair just barely brushes his shoulders but that's not what took my breath away.

It was his beautiful jade green eyes staring down at me intently.