But we still love him, and I might want to have another one so he could have someone to play with.

"There, done." Derek said.

Caleb hugged Derek tightly, as he went up to me doing the same.

I chuckled. "What for?" I asked, giggling.

"Because I love you." He said tightening his little arms around my bare leg.

"Aw, I love you too, my sweetheart." I said patting and soothing his hair.

Derek came behind hugging my waist.

"You guys are the best mom and dad." He said showing his missing two front teeths.

I looked at Derek, and kissed his cheek.

"Eww, that's gross." He made a disgusted face.

We laughed, and continued getting dressed up.

-

When we arrived to the ball, Derek gave the man his keys for a valet parking.

We went straight forward, and entered seeing a big crystal light above us and very fancy decorations surrounding the big wide room.

Derek holded my hand and Caleb's on the other side as we walked towards a tall, bearded old man wearing an elegant white and black suit with gold chains hanging around his neck. How can that old man carry 14k around his saggy neck? Not even I can carry that and I'm young, not to brag.

He turned around and saw us opening his arms, happily.

"Derek Luh!" He slightly yelled. "My man."

Derek chuckled, and gave him a hug.

"What's up dad?"

My eyes went wide open, and my jaw dropped.

"Derek, this is your dad?!" I asked surprised.

He nodded, and smiled proudly.

"Yeah, i forgot to tell you that we were going to my dad's ball." He says, putting an arm around his shoulder.

"How rude of you forgetting your own dad and not presenting her to me." His dad answered.

"Daisy, my dad, Derek the third. Dad, Daisy my lovely and beautiful wife. And my son, Caleb." He pointed.

I blushed lightly when he called me beautiful and lovely.

Derek the third came up to me, and kissed the top of my hand.

"Nice to meet you, Daisy." He said letting go of my hand.

"Same as well, Derek. I mean, Mr. Luh." I apologized for my mistake and could feel my face kinda red.

"No, no. It's fine. Call me Derek." He said.

I was kinda confused, cause now i have to call both of them Derek and they won't know who I will be talking to.

"I'll stick to Mr. Luh, sir." I said politely.

Caleb holded my hand, as I picked him up almost making me fall in my heels since he was starting to get heavy.

"And you, son. How are you?" Mr. Luh asked Caleb.

He shyly, nodded putting his face in my neck.

I chuckled, knowing that he's really shy around people that he doesn't know.

"How old are you?" He asked again.

"I'm five." He said.

"You're a big man, aren't you?"

During that time, we conversed for a while, and got to know each other with Mr. Luh, he's actually a nice man and funny since he was telling me all the things he'd done with Derek when they were little. Derek was red the whole time, until Derek told him that we were getting a drink.

"Wow, I never thought that your dad can be that fun. I was scared at first, since he looked mean." I told Derek as he was setting Caleb down on the floor as Caleb played on my phone.

"Yeah, he's crazy though." Derek answered getting a drink from the bartender.

I playfully slapped his arm. "Don't say that, he's your father."

He laughed, until our drinks arrived. We stayed in the same position as we all looked around.

This is such a nice place. I never thought I would attend this someday. I mean my parents would always go and I'll stay with Nancy.

Thinking about my parents, it's really sad not knowing that I can't see them anymore. I miss them so much, especially my dad. I know I couldn't go to his funeral, but I was also going through a lot so I have a reason.

"Aye, Derek!" I heard someone yell from far away.

We both turned our heads, and faced where the voice was at.

We saw someone waving up their hands in the air through the crowded group, then walking towards us.

Wait, I know that person. His black hair being flipped up. His face was blurry but getting more closer, I recognized him by his bushy, black eyebrows being popped out.

Derek also came in shock, and looked at me deciding whether to stay or leave.

But he had no choice, because he was already standing infront of us. With her.

Jack and Andrea.

¶¶¶

Much love, Stephanie