:50:

Ellie's POV
I wake up and sadly it's Monday. I don't want to go to school, I just want to be with Jason. He told me I can visit him until next month though.

I put on leggings and an Adidas sweatshirt. I grab an apple and my dad walks down the steps. "Morning Ellie" he says. "Hi" I mutter back.

"What's wrong honey?" he asks. I look at him and tears start to form in my eyes. "You didn't protect him! You didn't even try! He's not a bad guy dad!" I cry. He sighs and sits down on a stool next to me.

"I tried my best Ellie, but we both know what he has done was bad. In a way he does deserve to go to prison." my dad says sitting me on his lap. "But you could've protected him! Now he's going to die in a lonely, cold cell. It's all... It's all your fault!" I say and my breathing quickens.

"Ellie please calm down, you're going to make yourself sick." My tears slowly stop and I fall asleep on my dads shoulder.

•••

I wake up and notice it's light outside. I roll over in my bed and look at a note from my dad.

Ellie, I left for work already I told McKenzie you weren't going to school today, the number to my work is on the back and the number to Jason's prison.
Love you, Dad

I quickly turn the note over and grab my iPhone. I dial the number and an older man answers. "Hello?" he gruffs. "Uhm, hi. May I please speak to one of the people there?" I say into the phone.

Papers rustle in the background and he responds, "Who would you like to speak to?"

"Jason McCann, please." I say and the man mumbles something. "Uh he's sleeping right now darling."

"Please sir, I really need to talk to him." I say into the phone. "Miss he's already had his one phone call." the grouchy man says sternly. "Please, I miss him."

"Uhm let me go get him, I'll be right back." he says and it's silent. I wait a couple minutes and I can hear some murmurs. "You have a phone call." the man says. "I thought I only had one." I hear Jason say.

"Pick up the phone McCann!" the man says louder this time. "Hello?" Jason says into the phone. "Jasey!" I squeal into the phone. "Sweetheart? How'd you get this number?"

"My Daddy left it for me!" I say excitedly. "That's very nice, isn't it?" I nod my head but realize he can't see me. "How are you babe?" Jason asks me and I think to myself how to answer. "I'm okay. But I'm not going to school today." I say.

"Why not? Is everything okay?" he responds quickly. "My Daddy and I got into a fight this morning and I almost made myself sick so he's letting me stay home."

"As long as you're okay, that's all that matters to me." Jason says and I smile a little. "When can I see you?" I ask. "I'm not sure sweetheart. I don't think they'll let me have visitors." Jason says and I frown.

"But I need to see you." I mumble into the phone. A tear slips from my eye and I quickly sniff. "Don't cry baby, everything will be all right. I promise you."

"Okay Jase. Will you be all right?" I ask him.

"No matter what happens, know that I'll always make sure you're safe."