42

n// holy crap thank you so much for 200k and 8k votes!!! you're all amazing and ily with all my heart. also wow the reactions i got on the last chapter were hilarious and have sparked a couple of questions for you guys:

1) why do you all hate kit?? (not salty just curious)

2) what do you think of edward???

anyways, here's the chapter. it's much longer than usual bc lets be real i get carried away and I'm really liking the places where this is going so it's really a win/win for all of us. also please be sure to answer my questions and vote!!! thank u!!!

Edward didn't know how to react.

After all the years thinking and crying and searching for any sign of his little girl that'd gone missing, there she was. After sixteen years, she was finally home. At first, he didn't believe it. Things like this only happen in the movies, not in real life. And if they did happen in real life, it most certainly wouldn't happen to him. He was a simple guy, who lived a simple life. He owned a bar, liked dogs, and loved watching football on Sundays. In fact, the only interesting thing to ever happen to him in his life was when his wife had vanished at nine months pregnant. Things like having that unborn child return to you after some sixteen odd years isn't something that he would've ever seen happening to him.

That was just wishful thinking.

But the longer he looked at her, the more he saw it. She was the spitting image of her mother, but he was there. She had his facial structure, and not to mention his eye shape. They were little things, but they were there, and that's all that mattered. Everything was there. The name, the birthday, the looks, all of it. His wishful thinking had come true. His little girl was home. After all this time, she was home.

He felt the familiar warmth and sting of tears well up in his eyes, and he let out a laugh. And then another, and another. He couldn't help it. He hadn't been that happy in sixteen years. It was like a piece of the puzzle had been found, and he was ecstatic.

"If this is a dream, I never want to wake up," He cried, smiling nonetheless. "Please tell me I'm not dreaming..."

Darla, although she loved her family, couldn't help but feel the same way. Growing up, she never had a problem with being adopted, but that didn't mean that she didn't think about her birth parents. She had always wondered what her life would've been like had she grown up with them, but never thought she would get a chance to experience even the slightest taste of that.

She was, after all, found in an alleyway.

But that didn't stop her from feeling the same sensation of tears well up in her own eyes. After all this time, she found the man that gave her life. She found her father.

"You're not dreaming," She smiled, wiping her eyes.

Edward stood from his seated position and sat down next to her on the opposite couch, just taking every little detail of her in.

"God, you're so beautiful," He sighed, looking her up and down. "Just like your mom."

Then the realisation of the situation dawned on him. If Darla was here, maybe her mother wasn't too far behind.