20

n// please pretend that cami is darla ok thanks!!

When Darla woke, she was in a totally different environment, causing an immediate panic to rise within her. But thankfully, her darling Aunt Bekah was there.

"Good morning," She smiled, sitting on the edge of her bed. "And a happy birthday, as well."

"Thanks," Darla said absentmindedly, looking around the room, in mass confusion. "Where are we?"

But Rebekah just smirked and said nothing, standing from her seated position and walking out of the room. So Darla did the one thing that made sense to her. She followed in suit.

Stepping out into the hallway, Darla shivered at the feeling of her feet hitting the cold floors of wherever she was. She looked both ways or any signs of her odd aunt, but found nothing. So she settled with wandering around the corridors, looking for any sign of life or indication that she wasn't going insane. Part of her was hoping that she was having a very odd dream, but the feeling in her gut told her otherwise.

"Hello?" She called out, hearing her voice echo down the halls. "Auntie Bex? Anyone?"

She listened for a sound of any kind, but got nothing. Until that's when she heard it. The sounds of jazz and the happy chattering of people from beyond the walls of where she was.

"No," She whispered, not being able to fight the grin that made its way onto her face. "It can't be..."

So as fast as she could, she ran back to the room she awoke in, hair flying and giggling like she was a little girl again, rushing toward the window. And she was right. There she saw the streets of New Orleans, littered with people and art and music and everything she could have ever dreamed of.

"When you were a baby I promised you this city to be your home," A deep, British voice said as she beamed at the sights before her. "All these years later, and I have finally kept my promise. Welcome home, my Darla Hope."

Darla whipped around, seeing her very own father standing in the doorway, looking dead at her. She gasped and clutched her hand over her mouth to prevent her scream of excitement to escape. But she couldn't stop herself from doing what she did next.

She lunged forward at him, wasting no time while wrapping her arms around his torso, choking out a happy sob as she did so.

"Daddy..." She sobbed into his shirt as he wrapped his arms around her in return.

"Happy birthday, Darla," He whispered into her hair, kissing her on the head lovingly. "I've wished for nothing more than this moment since I first let you go..."

But Darla couldn't even form a coherent sentence, in too much shock to do anything else but cry, hugging her father with all her might. So Klaus did the only thing he could. He held her closer to his chest, whispering sweet little nothings in her ear.

"There, there, love," He said quietly, smoothing her hair down calmingly. "Everything's alright. I'm here now. Nothing's going to take you away from me. I promise."

After a while, Darla brought herself to turn pull away slightly, looking into his eyes.

"I-I can't believe I'm h-home," She wheezed out slightly, still shamelessly crying. "I'm f-finally home."