27

n// sorry that this is so short and crappy the next one will be super dense I promise lol but at least we get some quality freya and darla time which is my fav so here u go! !! hope u enjoy it :))

darl(ing)a: kit

darl(ing)a: kiiiittttttt

kit-kat: yes??

darl(ing)a: this is going to sound weird, and u can say no, but do u wanna come over for dinner tonight??

kit-kat: dinner? as in just us?????? sign me tf up

darl(ing)a: unfortunately, no.

darl(ing)a: it's gonna be us, my dad, 2 aunts, and 2 uncles

kit-kat: meeting the family, eh??

kit-kat: i didnt know we were getting that serious, darla mikaelson

darl(ing)a: well, kit fletcher, my dad and uncles busted me on us texting, and the only way to keep whatever this is intact by them meeting u and approving of ur presence

darl(ing)a: u can totally say no i will not be offended in the slightest

kit-kat: no pressure omg

kit-kat: what time?? and what should i wear???

darl(ing)a: wait wot

darl(ing)a: r u serios

darl(ing)a: **serious

kit-kat: yes but seriously i need a time and an outfit

darl(ing)a: omg 7 pm sharp and something nice. 

darl(ing)a: really nice 

darl(ing)a: rent a tux if u have to

darl(ing)a: they arent playing around w this dinner 

kit-kat: im gonna die tonight arent i

darl(ing)a: u have no idea

kit-kat: i'll see u tonight then, darla mikaelson

darl(ing)a: i'll be counting down the minutes, kit fletcher.

And as Darla locked her phone and threw it on the bed, she sighed in a mix of happiness and anxiety. On one hand, she was excited. She really liked Kit so far, and her family's approval of what could be a beautiful relationship meant the world to her. On the other hand, she really liked Kit so far, and she didn't want to see him dead.

Her thoughts, however, were interrupted by a soft tap on her door.

"Come in," Darla called, sitting up.

And in walked her aunt, Freya. She wasn't the closest with Freya, finding more comfort in the presence of her father or Rebekah, but she knew that Freya was as cool as they came.

"Hey, kiddo," Freya smiled, sitting on the edge of her bed. "Talk to Kit yet?"

"Just got through with doing so, actually." Darla blushed.

"Oh, really? And? What'd he say?"

"He said that he's coming at seven o'clock sharp and that he looks forward to it."

"...Oh, he has no idea, does he?"

"Not a clue!"

The pair shared a laugh, leaning into each other before Darla spoke again.

"Do you really think they'll do anything to him?"

Freya sighed and wrapped an arm around her niece, thinking back on all of the times where her brothers have done way worse because of way little.

"Well, in my experience, your dad is very... Abrupt. For example, whenever I have a certain someone over, he makes it a mandatory point that he finds out all of his intentions with me or whatever the hell he does. With Rebekah, though, it's a different story. She's mentioned numerous things about her past lovers and their untimely demises at the hands of her dear brothers."

"Why are they like that?" Darla asked.

"Who the hell knows. Personally, I think it goes back to that paternal instinct that they got a little too much of. Also the fact that you've been gone for sixteen years, and suddenly after three weeks, there's already a boy in the picture." Freya laughed. "I mean, it's not like they don't want you to be happy, because trust me, they do. They want your happiness more than anything on the planet. So when something or someone shows up and suddenly has the power to break that, they get..."

"Defensive?"

"I was going to say 'absolutely fucking nuts', but yours works too."

They laughed again, letting the conversation die down naturally for a moment.

"Your dad loves you, Darla." Freya said sincerely. "Your his baby girl. The only thing he values in life above power. Your his little Darling Darla Hope. And when he sees how this boy makes you feel, and how good of a man you claim he is, he will have one hell of a struggle doing this, but he'll accept it. He just doesn't want you to grow up. At least, not that fast."

Darla nodded her haid as Freya tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and kissed her on the forehead.

"Now go," Freya laughed. "Klaus is brooding in his office. Go paint a bowl of fruit with him or something."

"Okay, okay," Darla laughed, tucking her phone in her pocket and standing up. "Thanks Freya. It means a lot."

"Anytime, kiddo."