38

n// wow i suck at updating im so sorry but!! here i am!!!!

anyways, with that being said, here is your warning for this chapter:

it's wild. like, really wild. and it took me forever to write. and it's over 2800 words. and there are so many twists and turns, so if you get motion sickness, you better prepare. because this is a rollercoaster of a chapter if you've ever seen one.

u have been warned.

so, without further adieu, enjoy the chapter!!!!!!

"I can't just be stuck here like I'm some damsel in need of being protected," Darla muttered as she paved, ignoring the presence of her boyfriend before her. "I shouldn't have listened to my dad. I should be out there with the rest of my family."

"Yeah, but you know why you're not? Because you're not supernatural, Darla. They can protect themselves using whatever powers they have and all you have is super stubbornness, apparently." Kit responded, watching her closely.

He didn't want or mean to be so rude to the girl, but she want the only one that was freaking out. He was brand new to this world and he was already being caught up in a war between his girlfriend's father, aunts, and uncles and her psychotic uncle. That was enough to make anyone a little touchy.

"You don't understand!"

"No, I don't understand you. I don't know what it is like to be in your shoes. I don't know what it's like to have everyone you love be at this big of a risk. But I do understand your father, and what he's going through. How he wants to protect the only thing that matters to him more than he wants to protect himself. How he would lay down his very own life if it meant seeing his best girl live another day. How much he cares about you, Darla. Because what he's feeling, I am too. And so right now I don't care about how angry you are at having to be trapped in here, or that you want to get out there and help fight whatever old psycho they are fighting right now. I care about you. I care about your safety. And that's why you have to play the role of damsel. It sucks, but that's the truth!"

Darla looked at her boyfriend in slight astonishment, his rant being the last thing that she expected from him. But after her initial shock wore off, she shook her head and sniffled.

"I can't lose them," She muttered. "I just can't."

Kit sent her a sorry smile and opened his arms, allowing her to walk into his arms and curl into his broad chest. Kissing her temple, Kit held onto his love tightly, promising himself that he wouldn't let anything cause her any harm.

"You won't." He assured. "Everything's going to be just fine."

"Mikael!" Klaus yelled, arms out in the air like he was some sort of king.

Which, in retrospect, he was.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are, you coward!" He growled, stalking around the courtyard of his enormous home.

The Mikaelson clan was spread out throughout the courtyard in their designated pairings, while Freya remained in her room with all her magical items and such.

Rebekah and Marcel stood together strongly, both of them more than ready for the fight that was about to happen. They had both experienced more than enough of Mikael's wrath to last them a thousand lifetimes, but with that came knowledge. They'd taken him down before, and this time they'd make sure it was for good. They had to.