33

n// if you think i'm not going to take advantage of these new #klope gifs then you are sadly mistaken my friends lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooooooo but in honour of these wonderful new gifs and basically just klaus and hope mikaelson being cute as hell here is one of the fluffiest chapters i have ever written and one of my favourite chapters of this story (if not my favourite). so without further adieu, here's the chapter! hope (hahaha) that you enjoy!!!

The next day, Darla slept. She couldn't shake the somber mood that had become of her ever since her chat with Marcel, so she did the only thing that she could. She slept. And thankfully, her family was for some reason busy that day. Elijah was handling some business with the leaders of New Orleans and then going on a date with Hayley, Kol was going to be with the witches all day, Rebekah was having a spa day with Freya, and Klaus... Well, Klaus was occupying himself with worried thoughts about his daughter. He didn't know what was wrong. What could possibly be so horrible to his baby that she had to take a day off from school to recuperate? Was someone bullying her? Was the workload too much? Was it Kit? Was it him?

Finally, after hours of contemplating and silence within the household, Klaus heard it. His little Darla Hope was tossing and turning, and he could hear the significant spike in her heartbeat.

Rushing out of his office, he sped down the hallways (he may or may not have used his vampire speed to get there) until he was at her room, and opened the door. And just as he suspected, there she was, looking almost in pain while she slept. She was having a nightmare.

"Darla," Klaus whispered, trying to wake the sleeping beauty. "Darla, love, wake up."

But his wake-up call was to no avail. She still remained asleep, but this time, she had a few tears leave her eyes. A sight that Klaus could gone a million years without seeing.

"Darla." He spoke in a normal tone of voice, sitting on the edge of her bed. "Darla, wake up. It's just a dream."

And yet she still didn't budge. Noticing how she was becoming more and worked up by the second, not to mention that she was not waking up, he did the first thing that came to his mind.

He got into hers.

Grasping her hand and closing his eyes, he found himself being transported into the nightmare of his beloved daughter. Confused, he looked around at his setting, seeing nothing but woodland and flowers.Not the dark, ominous, spooky type as well. In fact, he found the setting to be one that was quite beautiful. But then he heard it. The unmistakable sound of a child's cry. Now worried, he walked a little bit down the wood, and he found the source of the heartbreaking sound. There, sat in the middle of a lovely field of orange and red flowers, was a little girl, crying her eyes out.

"Hello there, love," He said comfortingly and kindly, crouching before her. "What's wrong?"

"Daddy!"

Upon seeing his face, the little girl launched herself into his arms, wrapping hers around his neck and holding onto him tightly. That's when it hit him.

The little girl was Darla.

"Darla," He whispered into her hair, holding her tightly and pressing her flush against his chest. "My beautiful, brilliant girl."

Another thing dawned upon Klaus in that moment. The only reason he didn't recognize his own daughter in the first second he saw her was because he had never seen her during this part of her life. He was off, making the city safe enough so that she could make her return while she was being raised by Rebekah in Arkansas. This was the first and last time that he would ever get to see his own baby when she was of the age, and also the first and last time that he would get to hold her when she was like that, too. She was so young. So innocent.