25

n// sorry for the wait and here u go!! thank u for all the support, it means the world to me <3

also that's kit lol

"Darla!" Rebekah called, snapping the girl out of texting her uncle Kol, who was just in the next room. "Your stuff is here!"

Gasping, she tossed her phone down and bolted down the stairs, much to her father's worry.

"Slow down! You're going to crack your head open!" He called from the bottom, standing next to the crates that had finally arrived.

"No time for that!" Darla giggled, hopping over the railing as the last six or so steps approached. "My stuff is finally here!"

By then, the rest of the Mikaelson siblings had come down from their hiding places to see what all the commotion was about. Kol dashed over to the girl and raised her up, carrying her over his shoulder, and placed her on top of one of the large crates.

"Kol!" Darla screeched with a laugh. "What the hell?!"

"Yes, Kol," Klaus began angrily. "What the hell?!"

"I figured since there is no doubt that these are her belongings, she should be the one to open them." The vexing vamp said simply, picking up the nearby crowbar and handing it to the girl. "Besides, look at her! She's having a blast!"

"Yes, but how is she to get down?" Elijah quipped, standing by Klaus' side.

"And how the hell is she supposed to know how to use a crowbar?" Freya added.

"You don't know what she's capable of, believe it or not." Rebekah sighed, watching the girl begin to pry the box open with slight struggle, but ultimate success.

"What is it?" She asked, trying to get a better look, but failing. "Dad? Bex? Kol? Freya? 'Lijah?"

Klaus walked over to the box and pushed some of the stuffing out of the way, seeing something that he was all too familiar with. Canvases upon canvases.

"Paintings." He spoke with a large smile. "A whole crate of paintings."

Grinning, Darla called Kol over, who gladly let her down, running up to the box as well. Taking one out, she sighed in relief at the sight of its perfect condition.

"God bless shipping." She whispered, putting it to the side and taking out another one.

Soon, her whole family was crowded around, looking at all the paintings and sketches that she had done over the course of sixteen years.

"Look at this one!" Freya enthused, holding up a smaller one. "It's so cute!"

"What is it?" Darla asked, then paled in embarrassment. "No! Rebekah!"

"What? It was your first attempt at a portrait! I would never throw out something like that!"

"I'm pretty sure I distinctly remember telling you to burn it the first time we rediscovered it."

"Oh, you said 'burn it'? I could have sworn that you said 'cherish it forever'! What a weird mix up!"

Darla rolled her eyes at her aunt, snatching the heinous sketch and placing it face down on the table, shielding it from anyone's further view. And, for once, the Mikaelsons did what they were told/implied to do and stayed away from the portrait. But that didn't stop then from ogling and going through all of the other paintings.