41

n// this was so much fun to write you have no idea. it's also a little bit of a longer chapter, but who cares. this is probably one of my favourite ones to date. anyways, the image above is edward, so keep that in mind before reading ;) anyways, i hope you all enjoy, and i'm really into writing this rn so there will probably be another chapter coming right up!! don't forget to vote and comment! i love getting feedback from you all. so with that being said, here's the chapter!! love you <3

Darla, although being completely head over heels in love with her boyfriend, wanted to kill him.

All day she'd been thinking about the note in her locker. All day she'd been thinking about what she was going to do about it. All day she'd been stressing out over whether to tell her family or not and let them inevitably lock her in her tower once again. All day she'd been wondering who left it in her locker in the first place. All day she'd been practically pulling her hair out at the simple address before deciding that although it was her stupidest plan yet, she needed to check it out for herself. It was a little bit out of her ways distance wise, but it was nothing that she couldn't have handled.

After all, her father was an excellent tour guide.

But there was one problem, and it came in the form of a ruggedly handsome young man with shaggy hair and pretty hazel eyes. And his name was Kit Fletcher.

Darla, knowing that he would most likely try and stop her from going on her quest, didn't tell the boy where she was going nor about the note in general. But what she did have to tell him was that she wouldn't be walking home with him. And that was a feat of its own.

She had considered just bunking off of her last period and telling the boy that she wasn't feeling all too well, but she knew that he would swing by with sickness necessities for her. (Damn him for being a good boyfriend.) That would lead to not only him finding out that she wasn't home, but to her family discovering that she wasn't with Kit, which would be responsible for the world wide search for her. She also considered telling him the truth and asking him to cover for her, but she also knew that he would end up tagging along.

And although it was blatantly idiotic, Darla felt as if she had to go alone.

So, the only thing that was left for her as an option was to try and get rid of Kit. And needless to say, Kit wasn't taking it all too well.

"I just don't understand," He spoke, eyebrows furrowed and leaning up against the lockers.

Darla, trying to ignore how handsome he looked doing so, continued to put her books in her locker before answering.

"What is there not to understand?" She asked, glancing at him for a moment. "I just... I don't feel like walking together today."

"That's the part I don't understand. We always walk together. That's our thing. I walk you home, get invited in for a bit, hang out with your family, and then go back to my own house just in time for dinner. We have a system. So what's with the sudden lone wolf stuff? Did I do something wrong?"

"No! You didn't do anything wrong, Kit," Darla said in a reassuring tone, turning to face him and holding his hands. "It's just..."

"'Just...' what?"

Sighing, Darla threw her head back, already beginning to feel a headache come on.