Chapter 5- The Disguise

The teleportation process was nauseating, I had no idea which was up or down, left or right. I was spat out of the portal onto the ground a few metres below it. I felt like I was going to throw up. And I was dizzy as well. I tried to look around for the human but I couldn't focus on anything, everything was a big blur. I gave up on looking for him, I needed to rest for a bit, clear my head.

So I lied down, I didn't fall asleep though. I had enough sleep for a lifetime. While I rested, I had some time to think. Collecting all my thoughts, figuring out what I still remember and what I don't.

"Ok my name is... uhh... umm Z-Za? Dammit what is my name!?" I yelled in frustration, I felt certain that it started with a 'Za' Sound but the last past I couldn't remember

"Ugh. Maybe I can just use a temporary name till I remember. Let's make it... Candy. That'll do for now. I am a Serpentine Dragon from...the...Dawn Realm! Do I have a family? Ummm I don't think so; Serpentines are usually Solitary. So, like others I probably was born alone and raised myself... I think."

When my Nausea finally faded, I could move properly. I got up and tried to figure out what direction that human went.

I had no idea.

I decided just to start walking and see where I end up.

A five hours later

I walked through forests of plain green colours and boring trunks, fields with derpy looking animals and randomly placed holes scattered everywhere. This Realm was so different to my own, The trees were shaped the same (kinda) but sported leaves of the same colour. The Sun was huge! But just a plain yellow.

I saw a village just a few kilometres away. A simple lookin village. No more than a mile wide

"Maybe that's where the human went!" I thought to myself and fastened my pace to a jog and headed towards the village with high hopes.

As I got closer, the villagers who saw me screamed in terror and they all ran around like scattering rats in a kitchen, running into the closest hole they could find. In a few minutes, I was only a few metres away and everyone had run away and hid. I confusedly walked through the empty and silent village. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

It was interesting seeing how the structures were built, they looked cramped. But then again of course they would be cramped for a huge dragon such as myself. In the corner of my eye I saw them peeking through the windows, the terrified humans that feared my presence like a deadly plague.

I didn't like the way they stared at me. Like I was going to burn them down to ash and tear the flesh off their bones. It's not my fault I was born to come off intimidating, but I honestly had no intention of harming them, I wanted to talk to them. But considering how horrified their screams were, and the way they looked at me as if their very life was hanging from a burning rope.

"Maybe if I was more like them. And less Dragon-like. Maybe they wouldn't be afraid" I told myself. And with that I leapt into the air and flew up into the sky, far enough away from the village that they would no longer be able to see me.

Like I said before my shapeshifting isn't the best in the world, but if I could manage to look just less intimidating maybe it would work out for the best, and it would only be temporary.

So with that I focused as hard as I could.

Nearly passed out after the 5th try.

After the 16th try I finally felt myself shrink. Surrounded in a swirl of green coloured flames I reformed into a... 'human' form.

Okay honestly it wasn't the best, I still retained a smaller non-feathered version of my tail, a forked tongue, fangs and Brown slinted eyes. Feathers became my brown hair and scales turned to skin.