Shed and Zed to the Rescue

Começar do início

"Alright, now I don't know about you," Red started as he moved towards Emily, catching her as she fell backwards, still slightly delirious. "But we should probably try to find a way our of here before they realize we're gone."

"You with us? Because you're lives are gonna get a whole lot harder after this." I raised my eyebrow at Kenmur, Travis and Vylad.

"Emmy?" He glanced at her.

She nodded slowly. "I'm already too deep into this, I'm part of this."

"Then so am I." Kenmur nodded as well, taking in a shaky breath.

"We're the same, only difference is you've always had a team with you." Travis shrugged. "No harm in having an extra pair of hands." His eyes trailed from me to Emily. "..Or knives..."

The rest of us looked at Vylad, him being the last one.

"Look." He sighed heavily. "My 'Dad' is corrupt, my Mom is constantly trying to pretend everything is fine, and my older brothers are constantly busy with God knows what." Vylad let out a bitter chuckle. "It's not like I have anything else to do. I'm in."

"Then what are we waiting for?" Kyle grinned. "We've got a base to sneak out of." He took off down the hall. "Race ya'!"

"You idiot, it's the other way!" Jin shouted after him as he went left instead of right.

"I'll get him." Emmalyn ran too, Kenmur following behind complaining about her safety.

"What do we do about Emily? She's not fit to walk, let alone fight." Red pointed out.

"I'm, fineeeeee, jus' a lil' bit dizzy.." She slurred, trying to break out of his grasp again.

Like an invisible lightbulb went on over my head, I turned to Travis.

"You know your way around Demon's base, right?" When he hummed a 'yes' I continued. "Can you get them to the nearest exit point? Red.. When you were stationed on Enki Island didn't you guys have a.. base or something?"

"That's right!" He snapped his fingers. "There's this cabin.. Not too far. We'll be able to get Em there and one of us can stay with her-"

"While the others come back for backup." Jin finished.

"I'll lead the way," Travis said before looking back at me and Vylad. "Be careful you two. The Imps are known for their shape shifting and tricks. Watch out for them. Especially you, Aph. Stay away from-"

"Ivan?" I guessed. "Trust me. After what happened last time, he's the last person I want to see." And with that, he dashed back where we came from, just slow enough so Red and akin could keep up as they lugged Emily with them.

"This way," I nodded my head to the right, the way Kyle was supposed to go. We sprinted through the halls until Vylad halted.

"You hear that?" He murmured. I took in a sharp breath my eyes locked onto the metal door in front of us.

Voices.

"Hide." With that one word, both of us moved. I ducked behind the wall of the corner. I looked to see where Vylad went, but he was gone. The only thing alerting me of the doors opening was the sound of metal scraping metal as it slid. Movement from the edge of my vision. Made me look up, letting me see Vylad was hanging from the small opening of an air vent. Considering there was a pipe for something next to it, I assumed he had shimmied his way up and then jumped.