“Night,” I whisper the Fred, moving towards the stairs. I stumble upstairs and change into my pyjamas. The other girls join me, still smiling.

“We won!” Angelina squeals, falling on her bed, fully dressed, “we actually won!”

I jump onto my bed and face-plant in the pillows.

“We are the best,” I sigh, closing my eyes.

“AHHHH!”

“What was that?” Scarlett asks. I sit upright, rubbing my eyes.

“It sounded like someone screaming,” I say, “did someone scream?”

“It sounded like it,” Alicia replies, “listen! People are going to the common room, come on!”

I grab my dressing down and follow the other downstairs.

“Brilliant, are we carrying on?” Fred asks, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

“Now, really!” McGonagall scolds, climbing in the portrait hole, “I’m as pleased as anyone with Gryffindor’s win, but this is ridiculous! Percy, I expected more of you!”

“My brother had a nightmare,” Percy says, “he says-”

“It wasn’t a nightmare!” Ron exclaims, “Professor, I saw Black! He was leaning over me! With a knife!”

There’s a long moment of silence.

“Bring everyone down from the dormitories,” McGonagall says, “nobody is to leave the common room.”

“Great,” Scarlett sighs, leaning against the wall. I edge over to an armchair and sit down.

“Shove,” Fred says, “you can sit on my lap.”

I let him sit down and then curl up on his lap, leaning my head on his shoulder.

“Well, you can’t say today hasn’t been exciting.”

“Life here is never dull,” I agree, “I wonder what it would be like if this was an ordinary school.”

“Boring,” Fred says. I chuckle quietly. People around us are sitting against the walls or lying on the floor close to the fire if they didn’t manage to get a chair. Scarlett is using George’s stomach as a pillow and Carma is using hers. As I watch Angelina lies down and puts her head on Carma’s stomach and Alicia puts her head on Angelina’s. The other boys and girls join in creating a stomach-pillow train. I don’t think anyone is asleep, or planning to go to sleep as they all have their eyes wide open.

The portrait hole opens and I stand up, watching McGonagall. She looks absolutely furious.

“Who,” she begins, her voice low and dangerous, “was stupid enough to leave a list of passwords to Gryffindor tower lying around?”

A boy from Ron’s year slowly raises his hand. McGonagall’s eyes flash.

“The rest of you can go to bed,” she snarls, “Longbottom, follow me.”

“I’m glad I’m not him,” I whisper to Fred who nods in agreement.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the wait, we've started our drama group performance and we've been having issues with group coherency... But anyway, hope you like the chapter. Oh! I need your help!! My senior prom/year 12 formal is coming up and I have to chose a dress! I've got two in mind and I know the colour they'll be (royal blue) but I can't pick between them! Which do you think?

http://www.ramiu.com/special-occasion-dresses/prom-dresses/elegant-one-shoulder-formal-gown.html

OR

http://www.ramiu.com/elegant-strapless-gown-with-ruffled-skirt.html