Chapter 37

**Alex’s POV**

“All done, you can look,” Felicity says. I sit up and pause so she can fix my hair then make my way over to the mirror. I look cute. I turn and look at Carma. She’s wearing black jeans with a loose blue top over a long-sleeved top.

“Right, you’re late,” Scarlett says, looking at her watch, “come on! Begin the nervous giggles.”

I grab Carma’s hand and give it a squeeze. Scarlett shoves us out the door and we hurry down to the common room. Henry, Fred, George and Tommy are lounging around down there.

“AH-HEM!” Scarlett says loudly. The boys all look around and Henry and Fred jump to their feet.

“You look great,” Fred says. I feel my cheeks burn red.

“Thanks, you too,” I reply. He does look great. He’s wearing loose fitting jeans and his Weasley jumper from last year.

“Shall we?” he asks, motioning to the portrait hole. I nod and feel someone give me a quick pat on the back.

“The last time we were on dates in Hogsmeade it was with separate people,” Fred says conversationally.

“Yeah,” I agree, feeling as if I can say nothing else. He gives me an amused look.

“Don’t get all uptight,” he says, poking me, “I’m still Fred.”

“Right,” I giggle nervously, “sorry.”

“So, who do you support in the Quidditch league?” he asks as we walk through the grounds.

“Uh, Puddlemere,” I reply, “you?”

“I’m a Wanderers fan,” he says, “what about internationally?”

“Ireland,” I reply, “no better seeker than Lynch.”

“I dunno,” Fred says, “I think Karoonda could give him a run for his money.”

“The Australian seeker?” I laugh, “no chance! She’s good, but she’s not that good!”

“Did you see her play last year?” Fred exclaims, “she was brilliant!”

“Crush alert,” I smirk. Fred laughs.

“Not quite,” he says, “anyway, Quidditch can’t be the only thing we have in common.”

“We both have big families,” I say, “you’re in the middle, right?”

“More or less, yeah,” Fred nods, “George is the exact middle.”