Chapter Seventy Five - Cubellios

Börja om från början

Purple tended to be best friends, though unless it wasn't entirely platonic it tended to be wound with another sort of color, like how Gray, Lyon and Ultear have the familial blue mixed in - though it's not solid because they aren't genetically related.

Pink tended to be a type of appreciation mixed with respect and love. Prime examples being Juvia, Lucy, Yukino, Jet, Jellal and Freed when it comes to Elle, though most of them all seemed to be mixed with blue; except Freed. Freed's is just pure pink.

What worried him was when some were missing their red string. It doesn't mean that their soul mate is dead - because one of Gildarts's two strings is clipped, and trails behind him as he walks.

But Lucy and Levy don't have red strings, and neither does Yukino... But, as before, that's a problem for a different time.

Because as Bickslow watched on Elle's twelfth birthday, things seemed to slide into place, and he felt like he was watching Fate at work.

*****

Fuck.

The whole world seemed to slow down, and time seemed to freeze.

It was my thirteenth birthday party, my best friend was singing for me and I was in love with Laxus Dreyar.

Fuck.

***

I think I'm in love with Laxus Dreyar, and I don't know what to do.

I'm not sure if I actually am in love with him. God knows if I've ever even felt love…and it might be sad, but it's still true. At least I'm learning.

But I look at this idiot, at the stage he's on, smiling and breathless after singing a song for me, and the world is incredibly beautiful.

Laxus was a close friend, that's for sure. All the times we've simply camped together, or been together had something a little extra to them, and I don't think I noticed until now because I'd never had them before.

Maybe it's the extra sense of danger in our lives. Maybe it's me finally meeting someone who really, completely and utterly, cares for me. Maybe it's the magic causing this.

Maybe it's Maybelline.

And maybe I'm going slightly crazy because I'm overthinking this.

I've always overthought relationships, because I never had one, but what I have with Laxus now…now that I really do stop think about it, it actually seems kind of simple once I slow down and breathe.

He makes me feel safe, and happy, and that's all that matters.

*****

In that moment, Bickslow watched as things changed. Elle's line with Laxus, which was often entwined between red and purple, shimmered and solidified into a solid, pure red, and he smiled.

***

The world sped up again, and I was fine with that.

*****

Later, he could only sigh as everyone reinforced what he already knew.